Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Made in China

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Frank, did you ever get your machine fixed?
    After much appreciated help from another member of this forum LHR did replace the controller and defective card. Very shortly after I tried to use the machine and got a message to put in the unlock code. The machine would not accept that. The people at LHR sent me a program that I had to load on the card and reset all the code in the machine. Now each time I use the machine I have to do that step. Honestly, I have not used the machine much. I am wary if it will complete any projects for me before it fails again. I have not even tried to market what I can do with the machine for fear that it won't work and I'll have a customer that would not use me again. When it does fail again watch this space and you will probably get a good deal on the machine.

An FYI, I have Ringneckbklues DC and use a dedicated circuit with a surge suppressor and I have run a ground wire from the DC metal to a cold water pipe since ANY amount of static will apparently fry the board.

I got this machine to embellish the furniture that I make. I have a fully furnished wood shop and I build custom pieces.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Every machine is tested before shipment" is not factual.
    This is 100% untrue. Every machine is unboxed and tested.

The people at LHR sent me a program that I had to load on the card and reset all the code in the machine. Now each time I use the machine I have to do that step.
    No, you don't. You run that card once, which re-programs the controller, then you'll never have to run it again. Once you unlock your machine, it stays unlocked. That is explained in the instructions that are sent with the special restore builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    This is 100% untrue. Every machine is unboxed and tested.

No, you don't. You run that card once, which re-programs the controller, then you'll never have to run it again. Once you unlock your machine, it stays unlocked. That is explained in the instructions that are sent with the special restore builds.

Yeah, OK.. So I'm and idiot I guess. I just dream this stuff up. This will be the LAST time I post here and I will NEVER recommend one of these machines to anyone.

Yeah, OK.. So I'm and idiot I guess. I just dream this stuff up. This will be the LAST time I post here and I will NEVER recommend one of these machines to anyone.
    I sorry your having a hard time with your machine.

Mandolin "Texas tea" made on my Carvewright.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TexasmandoR003.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	412.8 KB 
ID:	54682
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 07-13-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fspearman1 View Post
    I am sure you never had any intentions of recommending the machine to anyone even before Firmlord replied. Every chance you have had to comment about others issue has affirmed that. I think the point was that if you are having to reprogram again each time, maybe you have another issue and need to get that worked out. I personally get the feeling you will never be happy. As someone who works in the electronics field and repaired many a complicated piece of equipment I can say without a doubt that I have never made an install error or left a switch in the wrong position(NOT!!!). Looked at the switch a thousand times to verify and still overlooked it. Humans are not infalable but an unwillingness to work through the problems or admitt you may have made an error will never get you what you want. Have a good life and I am sure someone else will enjoy your machine in the near future.

Dave
    -To the other folks on this forum I am sorry for the rant.
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

Hey guys, it's all good. Those of us that know how to use the machine and know how to ask for help are doing just fine and will continue to do just fine. So all this turned out this way for a reason and I'm OK with that. We all just keep on "keeping on"....... 'Nuff Said'
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

"Yeah, OK.. So I'm and idiot I guess. I just dream this stuff up. This will be the LAST time I post here and I will NEVER recommend one of these machines to anyone. "

Was waiting to see some of your projects showing your skill in woodworking and furniture making. When I looked at your 60 some posts, 3/4 were kicking the junk yard dog because you were not happy about "something" or adding a "dig" to someone's comment. ZERO Helpful posts or positive advice and 25 percent asking for HELP.

Like they say in business... One Happy Customer will tell 10 people... One Un Happy Customer will tell 1000.... In your case about 40 posts of your 62 posts.

You will be missed.

I also suggest BANNING this member for DISRESPECT (Post 13) and closing this thread, it's just a "Kicking the Junk Yard Dog (China)"... Not what the Forum is for and not helpful to anyone. 62 Post and NOT one single helpful thing...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-13-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by fspearman1 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you are giving up because you will miss out on a lot of great carving. Hang in there you will find it is worth it.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    "Yeah, OK.. So I'm and idiot I guess. I just dream this stuff up. This will be the LAST time I post here and I will NEVER recommend one of these machines to anyone. "

Was waiting to see some of your projects showing your skill in woodworking and furniture making. When I looked at your 60 some posts, 3/4 were kicking the junk yard dog because you were not happy about "something" or adding a "dig" to someone's comment. ZERO Helpful posts or positive advice and 25 percent asking for HELP.

Like they say in business... One Happy Customer will tell 10 people... One Un Happy Customer will tell 1000.... In your case about 40 posts of your 62 posts.

You will be missed.

I also suggest BANNING this member for DISRESPECT (Post 13) and closing this thread, it's just a "Kicking the Junk Yard Dog (China)"... Not what the Forum is for and not helpful to anyone. 62 Post and NOT one single helpful thing...

AL
    Al, usually I agree with everything you say. I do, however, respectfully disagree on this issure. There are a lot of good, informative posts from Lawrence, Ton80 and others in this thread, including my poor attempt at humor (sorry I inherited my british scense of humor). I think most of us can survive the kicking and we will be better for it. Newbies can get the true picture and make better decisions on whether or not to buy a Carvewright. That being said, constant "sniveling" can grate on the nervse. Just my opinion, doesn't mean Connie or someone else won't close it and take the other actions you mentioned.
    Last edited by TerryT; 07-13-2012 at 12:25 PM.

10. Default

I just thought I would offer a counter point to what frank had to say.

I have had my first machine since June 2007. I never had to send it in for repair. I did get a little huffy when I broke some bits once, because I didn't know the 7 inch rule at the time. I'm still not totally happy that doing cut outs is a little risky, but it "ain't no thang", my band saw is quicker and easier anyway. I did do the upgrades for the Z and a few others. I replaced the QC (with another QC after about 300 or 400 hours ( I don't really remember so just guessing) and a few years later I'm still using it. Everything else has just been maintenance as far as I can remember. Replaced cutmotor brushes when they wore out. Roller bearings a couple of times and after, at what I'm guessing, about 1400 to 1500 hours of carving I just had to replace the Y timing belt. All of the internal bias belts finally broke and the belt would stretch out like a rubber band.

Machine #2, I acquired used. If you are interested you can read "My Friend Tony" in the memorium? forum. Anyway, in a year and about 1000 hrs (again a guess because the odometer only shows 0's) I have only replaced the cut motor brushes. Yes, I know. But my maintenance schedule is "damn I should have replaced that before it broke".

My carvewright related business is doing well. I'm thinking of slowing down as it is almost getting to be more like work. My wife makes me do crappy stuff like book keeping s*&t. What a way to spoil your fun! Year to date is 93 percent over last year, roughly 60 percent profit on my carved signs, boards and other carved work sold on both my websites and at craft shows, etc.
    I'm a happy camper.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast