Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: horse scene ptn file 3.3meg

Default horse scene ptn file 3.3meg

Ok test of upload a ptn in jpb format. Right click to download, say image as. Once downloaded rename the jpg to ptn.

Well it did not work, cam up with not a valid image file.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Ok test of upload a ptn in jpb format. Right click to download, say image as. Once downloaded rename the jpg to ptn.

Well it did not work, cam up with not a valid image file.
    Hi Eddie, have you tried zipping the file? If it gets the size down far enough, that might be a solution.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Why is there a difference in the size of a picture (larger) and that of a Pattern or Project? Why allow one and restrict the other?

Dave
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenWizard View Post
    Why is there a difference in the size of a picture (larger) and that of a Pattern or Project? Why allow one and restrict the other?

Dave
    I don't know. I think all forums should allow much larger file sizes overall.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael I for one think the JPG or any image file should be lowered as to max size. Right now a JPG is set to 4.7meg and a PTN is at 1.91meg (Connie increased it). I for one am lucky to even have broadband internet, yet this small phone company charges 79 per month for 1meg down, and 128K up. But it is the only one available where I am at. Thus if the image is greater than 1meg, I do not look at it, it just takes too much time to view the larger size. (I know satellite, but I would exceed the daily limits and it is only 1.5meg down and 256k up)
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Just open a free account here http://www.mediafire.com/ easy peasy! And they will provide the link for you to post!

I understand Eddie statement, but I also beleive those of us that can load bigger files. I pay for the speed and ablitiy to down load large files fast. I think the files should be bigger.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

It is not the posting, or the uploading. I feel the PTN and MPC files should be larger, and the image files need to be smaller.

Downloading a file is much faster than viewing an image file through the forum. Images make you wait, downloads do their thing in the background.

Eddie

I agree, I think the image files should be a lot smaller. A lot of the forums I visit use 256kb, and some use pixels of 640 x 480. That helps a lot with bandwidth use and you still get plenty of detail. I would like to see the PTN and MPC limits raised to keep on this site.

Larry

You can usually right click on a thumbnail and open in a new tab. That way it's loading up while you keep reading the thread.
    ~ Mark K

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast