Thread: Cut Motor

Default Cut Motor

From the time i insert card and turn on machine the cut motor keeps intermittently trying to start (like just 1 second pulse not fully starting ). It does this all the way through setup until i start project. It does not do it when bit is touching off or as it find board thickness or surface but it is doing it right before and after. Also it carves the projects just fine but when project is done and it shows time it took. Motor continues to cut on and off till i turn it off. Was reading a couple of post about the triad and pulses getting through to the x termination board was also told maybe main board. Has anyone had experience like this or any ideas? THANKS

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

I found with my 3 failed X Termination Boards of 4 that the C1 Capacitor had snapped off one leg. With the cover closed if I thumped on the top of the machine to the right of the keypad that I could get the Cut Motor to start and stop... This is due to the C1 Cap bouncing around and touching then not touching. My old QC's used past failure caused the vibration that caused the C1 Cap to snap... With my Rocks no more failures.

X Termination board C1.

This is a reason why I preach to NEVER Bypass the Cover Switches... With the Cover Cut Motor Safety Switch bypassed, in this condition, the act of changing a bit and the vibration could cause the Cut Motor to start and mangle your fingers.....

Picture form 2008... Not a problem anymore with the Rock or CT. The Q1 Transistor or Triac turns on the Cut Motor.

The Sony Picture Tube Plant I worked in starting in 1995 that is now a dusty parking lot... They had about dozen old timers in the 9 and 8 digit club.... Doing Maintenance and bypassing Safety Switches... Ouch... A girl even slipped between the wall and a safety fence to fix a part that was out of position. As soon as she did, a Robot Arm swung over to get the part... She was in the way... and will never walk again....

Just Yesterday I had a "Safety Premonition" about using my Router Table and a Slot Cutting Bit to make some Wood Handles. I did the Round Over function then went to my Table Saw to make the slots with a new jig... Much safer... And I still have all 10 digits...

Last year the Bearing Slot Cutter threw a board 20 feet....

Safety First....

AL

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07811_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-06-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks for you post years ago and i did have those problems also but thanks to your post back then were fixed (Years ago). The thing i don't get is it is trying to start when its not supposed to its not cutting off when its not suppose to if that made sense I have the rock and have changed the c1 with a higher rated one and it was epoxied in.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

I would pull out the board and inspect it. Some Epoxy is Conductive and Epoxy on both leads of the cap can cause the motor to start... Pull the board and look for corrosion or burnt copper traces.... My first action would be to change the X Termination Board. Humidity?

I wonder if it could be software driven? Have any Cards with a older version of the Firmware?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Thanks i will try changing board. Missouri terriable humidity.I do have newer firmware

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate

Ed

The little 6 pin chips are Photo Couplers.. A LED Light inside that the Computer turns on and off... The Light turns on a Transistor that then turns on the Q1 Transistor or Triac. This separates the Computer electrically from the Q1 and it's 115 volts AC on the outside legs. Center is the Switch leg and the outside is in and out... Like a light switch. In case of a Short from either outer Q1 Lead to the Center, the 115 volts AC would never reach the computer due to the Photo Switch inside the 6 pin chip.

Not sure if this could be a software issue... IF all else fails, reformat the card and reload the Firmware.

Good Luck,

AL