I just finished watching Bud's tutorial on the Image Tracing feature and I have a question about the Smart Spline Tool. I know we are all learning and some of us, like me, are just learning by watching what others like Bud are doing as they learn the tools. SO, I don't want to jump to any conclusions from just one tutorial but the Smart Spline tool looks like it did nothing different from the connected line tool we already have. I'm sure this is not the case and maybe it's just a matter of Bud didn't take the tool to it's full potential in that first tutorial.

What exactly does the Smart Spline tool do that is unique from the other 2d drawing tools we already have? Sorry if I'm being impatient and if there are tutorials coming from LHR or Mike that are addressing this in depth I suppose I can squelch my curiosity a bit longer

The image trace looks pretty cool. I'm wondering about importing something like a family crest like the one attached and whether it would be possibly to trace the image and create a relief pattern similar to the one already available in the pattern strore? I attached the image I would import and a screen shot of the one available so you can see what it is that I would like to achieve.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coa_pattern.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	54455This is the Pattern available
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Patterson_COA.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	315.7 KB 
ID:	54456This is a COA that I have worked with in the past and I would like to duplicate in a way that is similar to the COA patterns above