Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW Machine Maintenance & Repair

IF you are tightening the Y Belt and you have 500 cut hours then I would first remove the Y Motor and inspect the 2 small gear box bearings. In MY opinion the reason the belt comes loose is the bearings failing and letting the big plastic gear and shaft tilt toward the center of the machine. This makes a slack belt. THREE times on different machines I did this with about 500 hours on the machines and THREE times I ended up having a Y Failure in the near future with the shaft of the big plastic gear worn thin..... Had I replaced the 2 gear box bearings before I tightened the belt... I would have been better off. LHR sells the Gear and Shaft as a replacement part.

I recommend replacing the two 5 mm x 11 mm x 5 mm bearings when you replace the Cut Motor Brushes at 250 Hours.

Just one of the MANY places that sell the bearings. I buy them in a 10 pack for 5 repairs...

http://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bear...-bearings.html

OR buy local. Stay away from Cheap eBay as they have been reported here to be under size.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 08-01-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I also would like to note that in the section to check the board sensor I believe it should say that you need to load a board and lower the head to it's normal operating position. I started the test as it's written, with no board loaded and I got a reading of 0 ! I was like, "wtf?"... Just loaded a project board and tested the sensor again and got a good reading of 156...

Might I add that this was a slide show presentation and NOT a step-by-step guide to repair and maintenance.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Ahh, OK. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12