Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW Machine Maintenance & Repair

Default CW Machine Maintenance & Repair

This is the presentation from the CW DISCOVER Conference 2012.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maintenance and Repair.pdf 
Views:	302 
Size:	424.9 KB 
ID:	54421
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Outstanding and overdue ! Thanks so much to the team for putting together an official list of items to check!!!

Very Impressive... I will add "Please read THIS" to my Soapbox "Please read Tips and Tricks..." to the new guys.

Good Job !!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks Connie for sharing! Good info for us to follow as we use or machine and want to keep it working correctly

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    This is the presentation from the CW DISCOVER Conference 2012.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maintenance and Repair.pdf 
Views:	302 
Size:	424.9 KB 
ID:	54421
    Connie, thanks for posting!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

This should be posted to the section of the website that contains all the other machine documents so it's easily found by users that aren't visiting the forums.
    Custom Cabinets built with the help of my Carvewright - Custom Dart Cabinets

Please don't hi-jack threads and take them off topic.. it makes using the search function very difficult and doesn't help get your, or the original posters concerns addressed.

Reading through the PDF I wanted to mention that in the section where you are instructed how to re-tighten a loose Y-Belt that it should be noted it's possible to over-tighten this and cause damage to the gears of the Y motor pack... I speak this from experience !

The article mentions 4 approved lubricants for the guide posts and lead screws and none of them are the lithium grease which was recommended in the head pressure PDF... is this a change that replaces previous recommendations?

IF the belt was "overtightned" what is the way to set the correct tension to have on the belt. I"ve heard some say to turn the belt with your fingers and if it turns so much, then it's OK. Just looking for some type of recommendation on correct tension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton80 View Post
    Reading through the PDF I wanted to mention that in the section where you are instructed how to re-tighten a loose Y-Belt that it should be noted it's possible to over-tighten this and cause damage to the gears of the Y motor pack... I speak this from experience !
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

The info I got over the phone back when I made the adjustment was to slide the Z truck to the front of the machine and then towards the back end of the machine, press the upper half of the Y belt down. You should not be able to easily press it down to a point where it can touch the other half. When I loosened the screw and tightened the belt I put what was most likely excessive force on the plate and ended up bending the gear...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast