Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Import tracing image question

I just printed the image and then scanned it. It gives me the same problem.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

I just tried to work with a MPC I personally created and I get the same problem.
    Leo Davenport

Default Pattern making

Quote Originally Posted by ladjr View Post
    I just tried to work with a MPC I personally created and I get the same problem.
    We must remember that patterns are Raster carves
    There may also be a blockage/flaw on some of the 2D tools (Copy Offset and Offset path) that make those replicated figures appear to be protected!
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    We must remember that patterns are Raster carves
    There may also be a blockage/flaw on some of the 2D tools (Copy Offset and Offset path) that make those replicated figures appear to be protected!
    AskBud
    Any ideas on how to fix. I only use the trace function.
    Leo Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by ladjr View Post
    I have been playing with the trace comand. When I try to make a pattern it say one or more patterns belong to another owner. I just imported a drawing from free ware on the internet. I don't understan why. Any suggestions.
    Hi Leo,

You have nothing there to actually make a pattern from in your MPC, which is why I suspect you are getting the strange error. The MPC consists of open vectors...there no shapes, puffs, extrudes, sweeps, nor carve regions. You cannot make a pattern from just plain vectors. Try making your outlines as closed vectors, then puff that up (or make a carve region or extrude, sweep...whatever). Then Group that component(s), and proceed with the Make Pattern routine. It will work then.

Does that help clear that up for you?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Leo,

You have nothing there to actually make a pattern from in your MPC, which is why I suspect you are getting the strange error. The MPC consists of open vectors...there no shapes, puffs, extrudes, sweeps, nor carve regions. You cannot make a pattern from just plain vectors. Try making your outlines as closed vectors, then puff that up (or make a carve region or extrude, sweep...whatever). Then Group that component(s), and proceed with the Make Pattern routine. It will work then.

Does that help clear that up for you?
    Thanks to Mike and Bud I think I'm getting it. I was trying to use the new trace option.
    Leo Davenport

quote from a few months back: "Now my problem - I am trying the import tracing image feature in the new 2D vector drawing software and I get this message - "the selected texture size exceeds your video cards capabilities". Does anyone know what texture size it is referring to? I have tried a number of photos & get the same message & I think my video card should be able to handle it."

Did anyone ever figure this out please? I too have the very same problem, with very same error message. It's just on a laptop that I don't use very often, so therefore, haven't worked with it anymore after it started rejecting all trace images.

I know how to use the 'Import Tracing Image' option. I use it often on my desktop running windows 7. I have no problems there and the program runs fine. But on my laptop running XP, this message occurs when I try to 'Import Tracing Image' into Designer. I can import an 'Image File' fine. Just wondering if anyone got a fix for this. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by seathis View Post
    quote from a few months back: "Now my problem - I am trying the import tracing image feature in the new 2D vector drawing software and I get this message - "the selected texture size exceeds your video cards capabilities". Does anyone know what texture size it is referring to? I have tried a number of photos & get the same message & I think my video card should be able to handle it."

Did anyone ever figure this out please? I too have the very same problem, with very same error message. It's just on a laptop that I don't use very often, so therefore, haven't worked with it anymore after it started rejecting all trace images.

I know how to use the 'Import Tracing Image' option. I use it often on my desktop running windows 7. I have no problems there and the program runs fine. But on my laptop running XP, this message occurs when I try to 'Import Tracing Image' into Designer. I can import an 'Image File' fine. Just wondering if anyone got a fix for this. Thank you.
    I believe Metallus stated a possible cause/solution for this issue at the following link...

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...466#post180466

Laptops (especially inexpensive ones) are notorious for having sub-par video cards (even worse...they often have "integrated" video cards on the motherboard. I'm guessing that may be the most likely cause for the error you are experiencing, but cannot know for sure at this end, of course. You'll need to do some checking on your video card at your end.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Bummer. Thanks Michael. It's an HP Presario, but several years old. Amazingly, it runs full version AutoCad just fine. I'll check the video card. Was hoping for a easy solution.

Update for those with this question in the future: I did try to reduce my image to 'tiny' as recommended in the link provided by Michael. And that worked. Although not a great detail image, it gives me enough to work with. Thanks again.
    Last edited by seathis; 12-19-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seathis View Post
    Bummer. Thanks Michael. It's an HP Presario, but several years old. Amazingly, it runs full version AutoCad just fine. I'll check the video card. Was hoping for a easy solution.

Update for those with this question in the future: I did try to reduce my image to 'tiny' as recommended in the link provided by Michael. And that worked. Although not a great detail image, it gives me enough to work with. Thanks again.
    Glad that got you goin'!

BTW, AutoCad (2D) is not particularly demanding on a system...however, if you get into AutoCad 3D and part animation, etc. then you would need a more robust system and video card. A couple years ago, I bought a Dell Precision M6500 laptop and added several upgrades...runs 3D software without choking (that's the audience it was specifically targeted for)...also records multitrack audio and perform video editing of immense files without a hiccup. The main drawback was the cost...over $3000 for the most powerful mobile workstation available at the time. Also, it is heavy, runs fairly hot and the 9-cell battery only lasts about 90 minutes on a full charge - computing power consumes a lot of juice! Nevertheless, I do love being able to travel with it and enjoy the same capability I have on my office and home desktops.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123