Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Import tracing image question

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Ah, that stinks, but at least it explains it. Are there any plans to make it available in demo mode in the future?

What I'd really like it to do is be able to import a line drawing and carve similar to centerline (allowing for line width), but from what little I see this is not it. But I may still be interested depending on just what it can do.
    Evidently, the 2d Vector Tools cannot be protected in DEMO mode. So, no, this Suite will not be available....only the Pattern Modeling Suite.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    The size of the import tracing image is limited to your graphics card's capabilities. For it to effectively work, try the following:

1) make sure your hardware acceleration is set to AUTO or ON. In the menu, select edit->preferences->3d Graphics->Hardware Acceleration.

2) Reduce the size of the imported picture. A simple way to do this is to load it into PAINT, click the "resize" button or in the menu, use image->stretch/skew. Set your horiz & vert stretch to 50%, hit OK. Then select edit->select all and edit->copy. Go back to Import Trace and "paste from clipboard". Repeat until happy.
    Hi Metallus,

He sent his image to me and I tried it at my end. It imported for me, no problem. It is a very small file size already...only about 28kb (it's a jpg). He already tried turning off, on, auto, boosting his cache size...doesn't want to work on his system. I advised he check for video driver updates, but I suspect his video card may be an older, less capable one. I mentioned he may want to call Tech Support and see if they have any other suggestions...he may just need to upgrade his card with a new one. Perhaps the copy/paste might work for him...I didn't think of that.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Ah, that stinks, but at least it explains it. Are there any plans to make it available in demo mode in the future?

What I'd really like it to do is be able to import a line drawing and carve similar to centerline (allowing for line width), but from what little I see this is not it. But I may still be interested depending on just what it can do.
    hey brdad, I asked the same question and Mike said that you will need to stick with Centerline for the type of carve you get when the Vbit follows the center of a closed vector. So, tracing line art to keep it as line art will still require using the Centerline plug-in.

Is there any written to videio on the 2D pachage yet.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Quote Originally Posted by ladjr View Post
    Is there any written to videio on the 2D pachage yet.
    I'll do an overview video of the 2D Drawing Tools...
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks Michael & Metallus for your suggestions. It finally came down to installing a new video card. It turns out my onboard video capability was the problem.

Thanks again - Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    I'll do an overview video of the 2D Drawing Tools...
    Thanks Micheal, I have been playing with it all day and still confused.
    Leo Davenport

Default I had the same problem

in the edit menu in preferance make sure your hardware accereleration is on

I have been playing with the trace comand. When I try to make a pattern it say one or more patterns belong to another owner. I just imported a drawing from free ware on the internet. I don't understan why. Any suggestions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Leo Davenport

10. Default

Seems like it may be a bug. I had the same problem with one of my MPC's .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast