Thread: extending board length

Default extending board length

I have made a jewelery box and layed out the front, back and sides on one board, but did'nt put the top and drawer fronts on the board is there a way to add more board length so that I can save the 7".without having my project distorded, I would post the project on the forum but being computer illiterate cant figure out how to post.

In Designer if you right click on the board you can open and edit the board dimensions to add enough space for the other parts. When I do this it normally adds length to the right side of the board. If your current parts are tied by green dimension lines to edges of centerlines you will probably have to adjust their placement. Hope this helps.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

I understand, I was hoping there was a majic button ...thank you for your help..

It's not hard to post a project. Click "Go to advanced", scroll down, and click "Manage attachments".

A technique that may work is to eliminate any layout centering that you may have, the patterns and objects won't move. Then select and copy everything. Then create a new project with the new broad length, and paste all to your new project and board. With all selected, you can move everything as a group if need be.