Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Version 1.183 problem or I don't understand the update process

Quote Originally Posted by rfields55 View Post
    I should have held off from the upgrade. I have 7 weeks into a project and was about to start cutting the production line when I upgraded to 1.184. Now I have no spirals (tons in this design) and cannot see any in the tool bars. This project has 9 parts and every one of them are trashed if I cannot get back to the old version. My problems are with arcs and spirals. Most of the arcs I can fix, but it looks like they took the spirals out. I have many spirals joining up with splines. When they took out spirals my designs scrambled. This is going to be a long week. Any idea how I can get back to an earlier version?
    Do you have a backup of your system which you could restore.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

I should have held off from the upgrade. I have 7 weeks into a project and was about to start cutting the production line when I upgraded to 1.184. Now I have no spirals (tons in this design) and cannot see any in the tool bars. This project has 9 parts and every one of them are trashed if I cannot get back to the old version. My problems are with arcs and spirals. Most of the arcs I can fix, but it looks like they took the spirals out. I have many spirals joining up with splines. When they took out spirals my designs scrambled. This is going to be a long week. Any idea how I can get back to an earlier version?
    What version were you working with??
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I was running 1.81, I do not have a backup but I do have the original installation disc. Thought I would try deleting 1.184 and re-
    install with disc. I think I may be able to find the 1.81 upgrade in my downloaded folders file. Think using disc will get me back? All of my project files, thank god, were backed up daily. As these programs are extensive.

I'm not 100% on this but I believe each update is actually the full version of the software and not an update that is added onto your existing version. This should, I think, mean that if you could find the version 1.181 in your download folder you should be in business.

I will pm you a link to get 1.180 I dont have 1.181 saved.

That sounds great to me, it would get me back on track!

That sounds great to me, it would get me back on track!
    Be carefull about using the disc it may be a real old version. I am uploading the file now and sent you a link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CWFan View Post
    Be carefull about using the disc it may be a real old version. I am uploading the file now and sent you a link to it.
    I agree, that is why I have held off using the disc. I have tried in vain to manipulate some of the programs on this project but soon figured out it would take days even weeks to get back on track. Going back to an earlier version is really the only realistic avenue. I appreciate you sending the older version, it will work just fine. I'll let you know how things turn out

Quote Originally Posted by CWFan View Post
    Correct on using the disc...

There used to be a way to access prior versions of designer but I can not come up with the correct combo to get to it..

A good practice for installing the updates was posted by Michael... rename or copy your current designer in your programs folder before installing the new version.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If all else fails, you might try to do a "system restore" to a date just prior to loading 1.184. Too bad you do not have a 2nd PC with the older version still in place.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast