Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even though I meticulously clean my machine still a problem every time I use

Default Even though I meticulously clean my machine still a problem every time I use

Ok Ive just about realized that Ive bought a 1600 dollar money maker for LHR. This machine is not even a month old and Ive had to replace belts cause I was told by techs to run it after getting head pressure down to 95 but didnt know that I should have checked it several times. Figured the tech would know. Anyway the board messed up the belts and come to find out the pressure was increasing everytime I loaded a project, was all the way up to 200 lbs. Had to replace belts and reset the heads. Oh well tough lesson. Then the bit checker started messing up. Now the board sensor is messed up and upon taking it off, the lenses are full of saw dust and I clean this machine after every use and clean it meticulously. Why is this not a sealed unit since so many people are having the same problem. Oh yeah, they can continue to sell these if they keep messing up. So, am I going to have to buy a new board sensor every monthm no matter how clean i keep my machine? This really is ridiculous to have so many problem from a new machine that is taken care of.

If you do not have a dust collection system, I strongly urge you to get one. These machines are like high-performance race cars. A lot of maintenance, but once you get it tuned right and working properly, You will be amazed at the things you can create. This forum is the place to be. Keep reading and learning. The people here are are the best!

I can't agree more with Bert. I was having the same problems you are until I got the Red Neck Dust collector. Now this week end I ran two carvings one for 8 hours and one for 7 didn't have to clean between.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

I agree, you can complain about the machine or just work thought the issues because in my opinion DUST is a really big reason you are having all the problems.... IF you had a Dust Collection Hood and a proper dust collector the dust would be sucked out of the machine as you cut it. Now you are using the machine as a sawdust storage area as the machine cuts. In the process of stopping and cleaning the dust out of the machine some of it is getting into the underside of the belts and that could have been part of why the belt broke... That pile of sawdust on top of the board that the rubber roller was trying to go over like a rock in the road also contributed to the belt breaking.

The dust can also get into the jacking screw threads and the binding of the jacking screw can contribute to increased head pressure. so we are back to dust control.....

As far as the Bit Flag not coming out all the way, well the dust effects that too along with when you removed the top cover if you fail to push the cut motor right side cover switch WIRES back into the corner. IF the wires are out of place the Z Motor Cooling Fins hit them and the Y Truck does NOT reach the Bit Flag.... So part dust and part Pilot Error... Wires not put back...

Now the Board Sensor.... Dust again... Yes dust can get into the inside of the sensor.... It should have glue connecting the circuit board to the black holder. The best way to clean the window is to cut down the back of the sensor and remove the back flap after removing it. Pull the lens and clean and use tape to seal it back up. Again with all that dust blowing around.... IT is even being sucked into the Cut Motor through the cooling slit on the brush end... So it all comes down to you really need to invest into a dust collection system... Something bigger than a Shop Vac... And remember, using a Shop Vac hose inside the machine as the wood chips move through the plastic hose THOUSANDS of volts of Static is being Produced... THIS can KILL the machine.... The Answer is the Ringneck Blues Metal Dust Collector... At least that is my recommendation.

So get rid of the source of most of your problems and get a proper dust collection system and start enjoying the machine...

And Belts DO roll up if you cut mostly narrow boards like 6 inch wide stuff... It happens in MY opinion as the Brass Roller Side of the belt and usually the one under the cut motor rolls up as it wears and expands slightly. This TAPERED Belt then moves toward the brass roller. I rip off a 1/2 to 3/4 inch strip from the belt and keep an eye on it over time. So it is NOT a defect... It is just the belt wearing.... Like when you remove a worn belt sander belt and compare it to the new crisp replacement. As the belt wears it gets more flexible and slightly looser.... And that dust blowing around getting inside the belt tray.... Sawdust with a high pitch content acts like Rosin on the back of the belt and with the metal tray causes sticking.

17 posts since May, WELCOME !!! And you have spent time reading tips and tricks correct.... IT will HELP....

AL

Edit:

I hear AskBud has been helping you via Phone and that is a really GREAT Thing... Look forward to hearing you are up and running soon... Keep us informed.

Good Luck,

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 06-25-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Yeah....don't complain on here. These folks don't want to hear of problems with their beloved machines. But....they can trash other folks equipment.

My suggestion is get a dust hood and a dust collector. I had some similar problems with board sensor as well the cut motor was full of dust, it would not run. Dust collector made a huge difference. Just my opinion.

Good advice to a 2012 post.

I see this is your 2nd post, good for you, doing your research... Don't forget about the Tips and Tricks on the LHR Page.

WELCOME !!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

You mention taking the board sensor off and cleaning the lenses. I can't even find the board sensor. Where in Hades is the thing located? I can't tell from the manual, but everybody else seems to know where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by joesprin View Post
    You mention taking the board sensor off and cleaning the lenses. I can't even find the board sensor. Where in Hades is the thing located? I can't tell from the manual, but everybody else seems to know where it is.
    At the bottom of the carriage that the z-truck goes up and down on. Have you found our exploded parts view list? It is on the store under
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by joesprin View Post
    Get a mirror (I use one of those small round inspection mirrors on a telescoping rod) and a flashlight. Hold the mirror under the Z-truck and shine the light...you'll see the board sensor mounted on the underside...the sensor's two little LED "eyes" will be looking at you!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast