Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrany on the way

Default Warrany on the way

Just called sears and got the 5 yr warranty for $47.92. Told them that it was for the Compucarve and he did not question it. He said this machine was covered under the warranty. Should recieve the certificate in 2-3 weeks.

Not to kick a dead dog around but....

Today the Master Protection Agreement showed up....

Expiration 01/26/2012
    Product Bench Top Power Tool
    Model 133.217540

And this "Don't Worry. This isn't a bill. It's confirmation of your coverage."

The back is full of fine print and terms and reasons why it would not be covered if you needed it.....

Well, for $48.33 it would be an interesting conversation piece to hang on the wall

AL

The Bard Guest

good luck getting them to honor it. There have been several company statements saying that those warranties were bought on misleading information. That is a warranty for an item costing under 400. You might call them up and double check... Just sayin.

Just to play devil's advocate, there have been several people on here saying that people on the phone have told them it wouldn't be honored (and I'm sure they will all show up again). What I have not seen is an actual statement from the Sears legal department regarding this issue. Nor have I seen anyone from Sears man-up and accuse me of lying to my face...I mean "giving misleading information." Nor have I seen Sears attempt to refund my money.

The Bard Guest

I'll accuse you as long as I know you'll never visit here!

there was a post about it somewhere... something about Sears says that those warranties were sold on misinformation and that they were actually warranties for a much less costly piece of equipment.

if i had time i'd find it but i'm doing call backs today to catch up and stop the death threats.

The Bard is correct,
    There are several threads about this, here are just two of them below.
    I believe your protection agreement or extended warranty will be null
    & void when you need service from sears. Hope I am wrong but that
    is the way I understand it.
    Bill.

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/vie...ighlight=#2707

http://carvewright.com/forum/viewtop...ighlight=#5451
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

The Bard Guest

Second Rule of Carvewright: You can always count on a Bill having more time than you do.

And you know why, need faster drying glue for this
    lamp to set up
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

The Bard Guest

I would respond but people seem to think i'm padding my post numbers.

so I won't.

Both of these threads fall clearly into my statements. None of these people are Sears representatives. I'm not saying the posters are wrong, I'm saying that they are not legal representatives of Sears and therefore their comments amount to nothing more than rumor no matter the origin of their information.

Furthermore, I am extremely stubborn when it comes to billion dollar companies keeping their legal promises. And since they cannot prove there was an exchange of disinformation (because there wasn't), and they promised to protect my CompuCarve for $45 (or whatever the exact amount was) I will pursue it as far as it needs to go. And I will win.

And Bard, don't assume anything. I've lived in Texas twice already. And was living in Idaho less than 6 weeks after I decided to move there. So always sleep with one eye open. Oh, I forgot, you only sleep when you have us on hold. :P

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast