Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conforming vectors are too deep message

Default Conforming vectors are too deep message

I recently made a house number sign using raster numbers and it came out fine. Today I decided to experiment using the same design only using conforming vectors for the numbers. In designer it looked fine but when I went to upload it to the card I get the message "The following conforming vectors are too deep, or exceed the capability of the bit." My numbers were 4.637 " tall. Other than trial and error is there a way of knowing that the numbers are too big? Seems kind of late to get the message when everything is complete and you are uploading it to the card.
    Thanks
    Dale
    Attached Files Attached Files

I believe it is telling you the depth of cut for your font type and with the bit selection in carving lower than what the bit can reach. I am seeing the total depth for the font being around .800. I do not have my card with me so experiment with a different font or bit and see if the message goes away.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Dale I played around with your mpc.
    First you'r using a 1/2 dp region and I found 90d bits don't work well
    in deep region. The bit has to travel a .5 deep then try to carve the letters,
    the 90d bit is not as long as the 60d bit and it can not travel as deep.
    to get around your problem, I started reducing the height of the text by .1
    and tried loading it to the card, when I reached 4.167,a 1/2" in. difference,
    the load worked. You have no control over the depth using CL. The only control
    you have is the size of the text. 1/2" did not make a difference in appearnce to me.
    Try playing withit that way, maybe it will help.

Perry B.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

I switched the 90 degree bit with the 1/2 classical and he error went away. If the 90 degree bit can make it to the to the bottom of the numbers before the truck bottoms out, I do not see the message making sense. I would (not saying you should) choose the 1/2 classical but use the 90 degree and see what happens.

I agree with you, but is there a way of knowing this before actually uploading it to the card? I resized the numbers to 2" and uploaded it to the card and it took, then tried 3", 4", 4.5" and finally at 4.6" I get the warning message. It just seems strange that you having to wait until you upload the design to the card to find that you have a problem.

It would be nice to get earlier warnings. I suppose many problems can only be found while "compiling" to machine carve instructions. In your case, for example, the numbers are in a carve region and the interaction between the two is probably only noticed when compiling.

Thanks for all of the replies. I will experiment with using different bits and see which one I like the best.

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    It would be nice to get earlier warnings. I suppose many problems can only be found while "compiling" to machine carve instructions. In your case, for example, the numbers are in a carve region and the interaction between the two is probably only noticed when compiling.
    When Conforming Vectors is applied, the software is taking into consideration the vector(s) involved and the bit diameter as well as the depth and side wall of the raster carve region where the bit and chuck will travel. Its goal is to protect the unit from damage due to any moving part striking the higher non-carved surface.
    In your case carve region along with the size of your text poses depth and side clearance problems with the 90 degree bit and/or the chuck. Changing to the 60 degree v-bit will help, but the other parameters will also need to change as well.
    Since you carved this successfully as a Raster text, you may be just as well off to stick to that plan, as you may not like the smaller size text on this sign.

If you "Hide" your carve region, you will see that the Centerline text will carve well on the top surface, which points to the clearance conflicts with the Conforming Vectors application on this design.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

In this case, I do not think it is a clearance problem since the error message goes away when a bigger bit is selected. My guess is that the message has simply to do with the depth. The software may be programed to avoid the z stall which could occur if the truck bottoms out.

For the 5/4 top insert on my Treasure Chest project say to use a second spacer on the V bit because you get a Z error - the truck hits the stop pin -if you try to reach that far with the normal setup. It was frustrating to get to the last part of a 2+ hr 2 sided carve to be stopped by that.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast