Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conforming vectors are too deep message

Default Conforming Vector (CV) Error Message on text

OK,
    I had some spart time to prove my premise of CV conflict(s).
    I took the original MPC, edited the number to 294, and sized that text to 4.6" high. It passed muster! I then went back and uses the original number, but re-sized the height to 4" and made sure the the text was equally spaced from any higher edge. This also passed muster with no error. I made no other change to the original MPC!

This proves the software was, indeed, concerned with the mechanics of the moving parts striking a higher surface and causing an abort.
    AskBud
    29448 Conform-4 inch.mpc
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Well I cannot understand that Bud. I moved the surroundings away from the numbers and still got the error. Another programming mystery to me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails too deep.JPG  

To me it looked like "conforming vectors are too deep, or exceed the capability of the bit." is telling us that the depth exceeds the limits of the bit.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default Lesson on the way

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Well I cannot understand that Bud. I moved the surroundings away from the numbers and still got the error. Another programming mystery to me!
    I anticipated that response, and Floyd is also correct (to a degree).
    My testing of the original MPC began with hiding the carve region which showed the centerline text would carve correctly outside a carve region. I then moved to my premise of re-sizing the text (which will change the overall depth as you re-size).

As I type this reply, I'm uploading a new lesson. It appears this upload will last about an hour at my ISP speed(s), so I'll do another post as soon as the upload is complete.

Trust me, It works!
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Default Conforming Vector Error

I'll begin by stating that Centerline text is dependant upon the font selected for its original carve depth. Increasing or decreasing the text size also changes that original depth, as will applying the BOLD setting.
    When applying Conforming Vectors to this text, so that it will carve in a carve region or on a pattern you will find other little road-blocks. You could get an error message because the combined depth is too deep, or the moving parts may strike a higher surface. Each bit has an assigned limit that the software is programmed to consider. Sometimes a few of us assign a different bit to avoid the error, and then substitute the bit we desire (this is done at our personal risk, until LHR adds bits to the selection or modifies the bit standard maximum depth of carve).
    This 266 MB lesson is developed to explain one way to resolve an error when using Conforming Vectors on the given text on a specific design.
    AskBud
    http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-...or%20Error.zip
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Default Conforming Vector Bug with the V90

After some experimenting of my own, I know what the problem is. It is not that the 90 degree bit is not long enough or that it might interfere with carving edges. It is a bug!! The 90 degree bit is not allowed to cut deeper than 3/8" below the surface (the depth of the slanted cutting edges). Ok, that is fine. When using the bit with conforming vectors, however, the bit should be able to cut 3/8" deeper than the carved surface. Herein lies the bug: the program measures the 3/8" from the board surface instead of the carved surface. This is a bug with conforming vectors which seems only to apply to the 90 degree bit. (I have not tried them all.)

The problem with the center line text was that parts of the numbers were below the 3/8" from the board surface.

To try it: draw a line segment and assign the V90. At a depth of 3/8" it will be ok. (At 0.38 it will error.) Now at 3/8" , place a rectangle carved to 0.1 under it and conform - error.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Try adjusting the size of the font a bit smaller, it should get you past a "sticking point" (i.e. math error), and allow you to conform to the full depth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12