Thread: Need Help: Size of design creation is much smaller than carving creation

Default Need Help: Size of design creation is much smaller than carving creation

Hello fellow carvers. The problem Im having with the last two carvings is... I set the size of my board to 18 in. X 11.25 in. X .075 and then I place my pattens on the board and drag them to within 3.5 inches of each end of the board, allowing for the 7 inches under rollers. So, that shoud give me a carving of around 11 inches in length but when I cut the project it cuts the pattern to 5inches X 5 inches. Is there something else I have to do, once I resize the patterns after placing on the board in designer? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by lishmantr View Post
    I set the size of my board to 18 in. X 11.25 in. X .075 and then I place my pattens on the board and drag them to within 3.5 inches of each end of the board, allowing for the 7 inches under rollers.
    I did this exact thing.. So the virtual board and real board need to be 2 different sizes if you are going to pick "stay under the rollers" Meaning the machine adds the 7 inches to your design board. not seeing that it reduces your project after it warns you because it thinks you need a 18 + 7 inch board. You can fix this by taking away the 7 inches in design and add to real board or leave as is and just say "NO" to staying under rollers. In reality you have the required 7 inches and will not harm anything.
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

The Magic of making Sawdust.

Oh ok, I understand. Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense. Now I can redo the last two projects KNOWING they will turn out right this time. Much appreciated.

Default Design board v/s actual board sizes

The T&T that WW linked is a good document to keep in mind.
    My method is to always design most MPCs (projects) to the actual size of what I wish the finished board to be. I then use an actual board at least 7 inches longer, and select "Stay under the rollers".

Any time you get the prompt that asks about re-sizing, you need to stop any think about what you want. The re-sizing will reduce or enlarge the carve depending on the actual size of the real board v/s the design board. It has nothing to do with the small carve area you place on the design board. It take the measurement you used, when you set up the design board.
    As an example, if you made a design board 10 by 10 the machine will look for that size. If you select "Stay under Rollers" the machine will expect to see an actual board at least 10 by 17 inches long or it will ask about re-sizing.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Thanks again Bud. Youre a valuable asset and I greatly appreciate you. I do and have read the T&T's and I hope that ya dont think I am just running to the frum to ask questions rather than reading and researching. The problem I have is that Ive had 2 traumatic brain injuries and most times I can read something and not really get it but once I see it and actually do it then I understand. I apologize for asking ya things that most would probably get on their own but I just hope you bear with me and continue to help me progess. Im really loving the work this machine is putting out and its given me a hobby that not only I can enjoy but I can pass this work on to others as I make it. Thanx to all that have helped me and will help me in the future

No problem!
    I knew that (in a way). I just wanted to give a simple statement that may be easy for all new carvers to understand.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29