Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: load board error

1. Default load board error

I just carved a jignow when i load my corian for a litho i keep getting load board error. i tried loading different pieces of wood and it eems like it will not register 3/4 inch wood but it will on thicker boards. what is going on?

2. Default

Also I checked the pressure and i get 70-75 pounds regular

Is it light wood, might type tape, or is the board sensor dirty.

Leo

Do a sensor check and check the rollers. More than lightly the rear roller is the problem and needs to have the dust cleaned out.

5. Default

today i relubed everything checked the sensors and everything pans out rollers compressed/deppressed . I got a consistent board reading of 65 when lowered on wood. still got load board errors and roller errorrs as well. should i take the rollers completley out to clean them?

Quote Originally Posted by darth woodilust View Post
    today i relubed everything checked the sensors and everything pans out rollers compressed/deppressed . I got a consistent board reading of 65 when lowered on wood. still got load board errors and roller errorrs as well. should i take the rollers completley out to clean them?
    If you are still getting the "load board" with the head lowered this means the switches are not being made. Using the user options sensor check function put a board in the machine and lower it down to see what it says for the rollers (compressed, not compressed). This might tell you the one that is not compressing enough. At the same time place a white piece of paper on the board and see what the board sensor reading is. 65 seems a bit low depending on the type of wood you are using. With the paper test you should be 120-165 range.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

7. Default

ok i just did the paper test and the reading went up to about 130. i noticed a few things while doing this;1 when i prompted to measure board the z axis moves over to the edge of the board when i checked the sensor reading it said zero i then moved the z axis over manually and it registered the 125-130( without the paper it was barely fifty now) this was on 1 inch thick walnut rollers checked compressed i then tried some 3/4 inch pine and only the back roller compressed sometimes it will find the walnut and continue to measure the board but the pine will never register as being loaded

Quote Originally Posted by darth woodilust View Post
    ok i just did the paper test and the reading went up to about 130. i noticed a few things while doing this;1 when i prompted to measure board the z axis moves over to the edge of the board when i checked the sensor reading it said zero i then moved the z axis over manually and it registered the 125-130( without the paper it was barely fifty now) this was on 1 inch thick walnut rollers checked compressed i then tried some 3/4 inch pine and only the back roller compressed sometimes it will find the walnut and continue to measure the board but the pine will never register as being loaded
    Here is the link for the maintenance on the compression rollers - cleaning, servicing, etc.

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb...ng_rollers.pdf

We hope the problem is a roller switch. When you clamp the head down you can, if you listen carefully, hear the switches click. If you used compressed air to blow out the dust while the rollers are compressed, the switches get fouled with dust. The switches are on the keyboard ends of the rollers. You can also push them up with your hand to listen for the clicks. Sometimes this is enough to get them working again. If not, you may have to blow compressed air in the ends while you push them up and down. If that does not work, you may have to take it apart.

10. Default

i hear the clicking when the rollers are initially deppressed. also i went through this section of the manual and blew out the rollers while moving them up and down earlier today while cleaning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast