Thread: Question about October 2007 Tips and tricks layering project

Default Question about October 2007 Tips and tricks layering project

Hello fellow carvers!! I had my carver for a week now and enjoying learning. I trying to learn by following examples in the tutorials and tips and tricks. Im about to start the Oct 2007 project on Pattern Layering & composition in Designer and its telling me to use a project board 11.25 x 11.25 x.075. Well, if I use a board to these specifications, I am going to have to use a carrier right? Because looks like the patter goes within 1.25 of the edges. It never states to use a carrier Board so I really want to be sure in this early process in not breaking bits. Thanks in advance

Default Design v/s Actual boards

Quote Originally Posted by lishmantr View Post
    Hello fellow carvers!! I had my carver for a week now and enjoying learning. I trying to learn by following examples in the tutorials and tips and tricks. Im about to start the Oct 2007 project on Pattern Layering & composition in Designer and its telling me to use a project board 11.25 x 11.25 x.075. Well, if I use a board to these specifications, I am going to have to use a carrier right? Because looks like the patter goes within 1.25 of the edges. It never states to use a carrier Board so I really want to be sure in this early process in not breaking bits. Thanks in advance
    The T&T is calling for a "Design" board of 11.25 x 11.25 x .75. Your actual "Project board, that you place in the machine should be at least 7 inches longer (7 inch Rule), may use 8 or more. By doing this, you "Stay under the rollers" at the prompt. If you wish, you may place an actual board in a sled/jig (carrier). I'll not go in to other option, as they would conflict with this T&T.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Thanks Bud thats what I thought but I just wanted to be very sure here in the beginning stages. Dont want to assume too many things until I actually learn whats going on.