Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't jog to position

Default Can't jog to position

Can't get my machine to jog to position. I have a 13"x5" board loaded and the carving is 1"x1" . It will let me jog about .05" and thats all. I have looked back at some 2008 posts about jogging but nothing has helped. I was hoping to put the carving esentially any place on the board.
    Any suggestions ?
    thanks

Default Machine manual

Quote Originally Posted by Azpark View Post
    Can't get my machine to jog to position. I have a 13"x5" board loaded and the carving is 1"x1" . It will let me jog about .05" and thats all. I have looked back at some 2008 posts about jogging but nothing has helped. I was hoping to put the carving esentially any place on the board.
    Any suggestions ?
    thanks
    This little tid-bit is from the machine manual. It is accessed via the Designer software using the HELP button.
    "
    Also it is important to note that the machine knows the size of the material loaded and the size of the project being carved. It will not jog to a starting corner that will position any part of the carving outside the boundary of the loaded material."

When you bring up the PDF file, click on EDIT > FIND, and type the word JOG. You may then walk through each instance of the word in the text.
    AskBud

AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

What is the size of the project board in Designer? I am guessing it is 13" X 5". It is not the 1" by 1" size of your carving area. Make the project board 2" X 2" in Designer (it will give a warning but proceed) and then you can jog the center anywhere within 1" of the real board edge.

IS the physical board 7 inches longer than the Designer Board... Could be you selected to stay under rollers and the project is scaled to a tiny area that YOU are able to access... YOU may be trying to access a area that is now "Stay Under the Rollers".... Just for the heck of it.. Load a LONGER board and see what happens...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

All goood comments. I'm learning.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azpark View Post
    All Good comments. I'm learning.
    Thanks
    That's good! However, we would like to know if you resolved your issue(s). If so, others may benefit from your solution/fix. Otherwise, this thread may grow due to trying to get to your source of the problem.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I think it is related to your original comment that the machine knows the size of the board and the project. I was thinking that the project is my 1"x1" carving but that obviously isn't the case. The actual board size was just slightly bigger than the 13 x 5 project thus I could only jog a small amount. I have since used a larger board and was able to jog ok.
    Like I said, I'm learning.
    thanks

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

As you scroll through projects on your card at the machine, the dimensions of the project are listed on the second line of the LCD. I think everyone should check this before starting a project just to make sure the wood they're going to use is correct for the job.

I have learned thru experience to watch the size in the window, but also to watch the "Quality" when loading the carving bit. I have had it change to draft from best.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

overriding the carve quality at the machine will override it for all future carves. 'default' uses the project's carve quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast