Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW 3d Pattern Modeling & Drawing Suite - SNEAK PEEK!

hoping for a demo version soon!

What about the Vector adding? What does it do? Are we going to have to wait until after the conference to get details?
    I'm hammering them all right now so am i not 100% sure what the package will offer, I think Connie will dissect this for us on Monday...
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 06-03-2012 at 02:37 PM.

I see that maybe they are going to offer a special price at the conference, Will this apply to all of the ones who can't for one reason or another make it to the conference ? Will there be a chance to upgrade the program the that we now have ?

Capt Barry

Here is a quick photo of my Violin test using the new Puff tools and the Sweep only. I need in a big way to figure out how to make sweep cut a little deeper " below the board" to bypass any cut out tools saving me time and money... The "B" side mirrored the top depth for a nice thin control thickness.
    the carving upload was set to draft and I used the 3/16 pattern bit for speed. The 2 sided top is about 0:1:10: to make .

One of the new tools we are looking at is "Path offset" this lets one increase or decrees the path offsets, if the path is made from a spline your able to edit the points from the new outline. Very handy...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vtopsR002.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	295.1 KB 
ID:	53734

little mockup...

Name:	vtopdemo003a2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	53733
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 06-04-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Now that looks sweet, even in draft and 3/16" bit. Such a teaser!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Looks great - looking forward to the new software!

LG,

Looks good! So this is just using the pattern modeling suite then?? Did I read your post right and this is a 2 sided carve?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks guys, yes this is a two sided carve without Lightwave 3D and only using Designer! I can't show the "B" side right now as its part of my acoustic design work... but it's killer.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 06-04-2012 at 11:53 PM.

8. Default

I was thinking about starting a web site to make custom made patterns for people but I think I will have to scratch those plans with this new software coming out.

I Can't wait to get it!

Alan

Nice job, but again you always do nice work. I wish there was video like they had for the stl software. Then I might change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    Here is a quick photo of my Violin test using the new Puff tools and the Sweep only. I need in a big way to figure out how to make sweep cut a little deeper " below the board" to bypass any cut out tools saving me time and money... The "B" side mirrored the top depth for a nice thin control thickness.
    the carving upload was set to draft and I used the 3/16 pattern bit for speed. The 2 sided top is about 0:1:10: to make .

One of the new tools we are looking at is "Path offset" this lets one increase or decrees the path offsets, if the path is made from a spline your able to edit the points from the new outline. Very handy...

Name:	vtopsR002.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	295.1 KB 
ID:	53734

little mockup...

Name:	vtopdemo003a2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	53733
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Quote Originally Posted by James RS View Post
    Nice job, but again you always do nice work. I wish there was video like they had for the stl software. Then I might change my mind
    Yes we need more teasing please!!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast