Thread: Wacom tablet and Designer (Mac)

Default Wacom tablet and Designer (Mac)

I've been having an issue with my Wacom Intuous3 tablet and the CW Designer software. I think I first noticed this after update to Mac OS X Lion, but could be I just hadn't used the combination much until recently. It's a subtle problem; normally the tablet software works great with Designer, although I wish the view manipulation commands and gestures were a little more like, say, Adobe Illustrator, it's not bad.

I have my tablet settings set to make one of the stylus' rocker switch buttons to Pan/Scroll. This has no effect in the main Designer (as expected). But this function is also useful to scroll lists in dialog boxes, and that's where the problem lies. If I pull up a dialog in Designer, say the bit chooser, or the surface chooser, and try to scroll using the stylus+rocker switch, it puts the tablet driver to death, or at least asleep. The tablet is no longer responsive to anything. I have to go out and find the tablet driver in the process list (it hasn't died completely), kill it, then restart Wacom's tablet driver, which is not an Application but support software buried in the application Library folders. Before I found this solution, I had to restart my Mac to bring back the tablet. That was no fun.

Anyway, I see others have used Wacom tablets and was just wondering if anyone else sees this problem. I have an iMac and a MacBook and happens on both machines. I'll probably write it up for Wacom too, see if they can help.

Mike

I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet and never had a problem with it and designer. Maybe it's something about the shortcut you added to the rocker switch? I have left them as the default for left and right mouse buttons. I also run Mac 10.7.4 on a MacBook Pro
    Custom Cabinets built with the help of my Carvewright - Custom Dart Cabinets

Please don't hi-jack threads and take them off topic.. it makes using the search function very difficult and doesn't help get your, or the original posters concerns addressed.