Thread: It sounded good when I made the statement.

Default It sounded good when I made the statement.

Well, yesterday I had a great time with my Grandson at the GA RenFair. Of course he saw all the wooden swords. I looked at them and thought, I bet this could be made with the carvewright. So I said "Grandpa can make you one of those". So I find myself today looking at pictures on the internet, reviewing Gimp and ShaderMap Pro tutorials etc to go about this. Now I know I can cut out the basic shape of a sword and he actualy will be happy with that. I am going to take it as a chance to learn something even if I have to kill myself doing it..haha Has anyone attempted to do this and do you have any suggestions? This is the picture I am going to attemp to make one from.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sword 1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	53517
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

Default Sword

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenWizard View Post
    Well, yesterday I had a great time with my Grandson at the GA RenFair. Of course he saw all the wooden swords. I looked at them and thought, I bet this could be made with the carvewright. So I said "Grandpa can make you one of those". So I find myself today looking at pictures on the internet, reviewing Gimp and ShaderMap Pro tutorials etc to go about this. Now I know I can cut out the basic shape of a sword and he actualy will be happy with that. I am going to take it as a chance to learn something even if I have to kill myself doing it..haha Has anyone attempted to do this and do you have any suggestions? This is the picture I am going to attemp to make one from.

This link has a 2-sided MPC titled "Sword 1a.MPC" that may just fit the bill.
    AskBud
    http://forum.carvewright.com/misc.ph...chments&t=2046
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    This link has a 2-sided MPC titled "Sword 1a.MPC" that may just fit the bill.
    AskBud
    http://forum.carvewright.com/misc.ph...chments&t=2046
    Actualy that will work just fine. I can at least get one started while I do some learning time.... Many thanks Bud.

Here is another one for you..if you want the stl, which is probably the way to go to cut it up for the sizing you want ( assuming you have the importer)...pm me and I will get it to you. How to do this in Gimp? no clue..Alan's will know...this took all of 15 min with moi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sc1sword.jpg   sc2sword.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenWizard View Post

I have one will this work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sword_0 5-cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

this is a great example of "find one in google sketchup, export it to collada, import with meshmixer, export from meshmixer to STL and import stl into designer. It takes longer to type that than it does for me to do it (just about)-- Meshmixer and sketchup are free and all you need is the STL importer... VERY easy to do

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    this is a great example of "find one in google sketchup, export it to collada, import with meshmixer, export from meshmixer to STL and import stl into designer. It takes longer to type that than it does for me to do it (just about)-- Meshmixer and sketchup are free and all you need is the STL importer... VERY easy to do

Lawrence
    Haha All my mind said was "Oh is that all?" I realy appreciate the help on this. Along with the 10% discount I broke down and got the importer. So I will be trying to see how easy it realy is.. The people on this site continue to amaze me. Thanks to all of you.

BJB thx for the quick pattern That one will work well as a dagger or short sword also...

jpaluck. I realy want to try yours too.

Thanks for giving of your time all.