Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NeoClassical Keepsake Box technique

I guess there are no answers for this project. The instructions are poor and can not be clarified.

This project is just a crown molding box using the Carvewright to carve the molding and the carvings. I have made many of these just by hand cutting crown molding.

There is a groove .4" from the bottom on the main box and the tray. I would dry assemble the box/tray and then measure for the luan bottom allowing for a small movement. Do not glue the luan bottom in.

The procedure for the tray is exactly the same as the main box. Just a table saw is recommended for cutting the grooves. For that matter, once you have the table saw set up you could make the grooves on the inside of the main box also instead of a double sided carve. It's much easier to custom fit for the thickness of the plywood or luan bottom. You could also use a router table with a fence. If I were making the box again I would use a biscuit jointer for the main box and the tray. They would have to be placed low and off center to avoid cutting into the carved areas but they make a much sturdier joint.

You could also put a rabbet around the inside edge of the lid in place of a hinge.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 04-18-2018 at 12:28 PM.
    Steve

Thank you to every one who reached out on this project!! You are once again the best team a woodworker could have. BUT..... Connie just emailed the the new download with the proper instructions. Loving the carvewright team.

Steve, You go the the extra mile..Thank you .These tips are invaluable. Connie just emailed me the correct set of instructions..

I wonder why there is no quick link to "new Post" ? I never can find out where to do this. Also has anyone done the 500 hour service? how difficult is it for regular guy to do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12