Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Troubleshooting PDF's

Default Machine won't run

Do you mean the side opposite the keypad?

Woodie,
    Have ou checked the heat of the drive cable to be sure it's not overheating and perhaps binding enough to drag down the motor?
    Bob Hill

I just tried it again and it ran for 15 seconds before stopping. And the flex cable was not hot. Thanks for the response.

Talking

Remove the top cover and check the screws holding the right cover switch, I removed the plastic cover on my switch to let the screws get a better bite into the cover. With the top cover removed and moved around without supporting the clear cover can push the left and right switch to the point that they stop working. Always support the clear cover when the top cover is removed.

When you replaced the cut motor you also worked with the wire connectors for the cut motor so none of the connections are loose. That would have been a place to look for a loose connection but not after replacing the motor.

Was the green circuit board the one from under the machine called the X Termination board? Or the small board that measures the motor speed on top of the motor.

If you did not replace the X Termination board, it has the switch or Transistor Switch that turns on and off the Cut Motor. It could be causing all the trouble.... My C1 Capacitor was broken on 2 of my 3 machines....

Let us know.

AL

Picture of the X Termination board. Picture 3 the X Termination board is to the right next to the silver cooling fins of the X Drive motor.
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-15-2008 at 03:52 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

The green circuit board I replaced is like the one in picture 1. I will check the cover switches on Monday. Off to talk to the LORD now. Maybe if I talk to HIM a little nicer than I have been concerning this problem HE might show me some mercy. Thanks for your quick response. Woodie

Talking

Make him something nice when you get your machine fixed...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

I checked the switches and they seemed alright (for what I know about it). I called LHR and after a lenghtly discussion and somemore tests they came to the conclusion that it was the switch on the far side. They are sending me one. Will let you know if that does the trick. Thanks again for your responses. Woodie

I got my switch and installed it today. That's what the problem was. Just like you said, Al. One of these days I hope to have half as much knowledge about this machine as you do. Thank you so much.
    Woodie

Woodie,

Sounds like your prayers were answered! Glad to see the switch did the trick. Al is on the money more times than not. LHR should be sending a little his way for on line trouble shooting. Could save them a few phone calls to the techs.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Talking

I think they are sending me some Red Lacktite..... Snicker......

They put up with my troubleshooting opinions..... And YES sometimes I am just WRONG....

Here is my latest project dressed up with the help of the Carve Machine. The Fire Department gets a free sign after passing out the tags and returning my display rack.

Epoxy domed on both sides.

Fire Accountability Tags. Show qualifications.

Red can enter a burning building
    Blue EMS
    Green Fire Police
    Yellow Jr. Fire Fighter cannot enter a burning building.

Put reflective Station numbers on the back in vinyl.

AL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast