Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello - New to CW - I Have A Set UP Question

Feom one issue to the next!

I did get confirmation that the CW-C version can be run at 94# if it has the heavy duty belts. I did successfully carved a very simple sign.

For my second carve, I chose to use rails to save on wood waste. In Designer, I created a more detailed sign which I set to be 12 x 6 x .75. I created two rails 19 x 1.5 x .75 and secured them to edges of the board (12 x 6 x .75) - centering the board in the middle of the 19" rails. I taped the ends as shown in the April 2008 Tips and Tricks document. Here is what happens when I try to carve the sign. When prompted to keep under rollers and I selected both Yes and no and I got the same issue. It tells me that the board is 6.0.66 x 6.00 and asks me 1. Keep original size, 2. Scale to Board, 3. Load new board. I have tried multiple time and I get the same result.

I decided to forget about using rails for now so I cut a board, 19 x 6 x .75 for my 12 x 6 x .75 carving. I get the same results when I try to carve. In both scenarios, the CW does the "Homing", then it measures the board. The board is moved completely from one end to the other but still states that it 6.066 x 6.00. What am I doing wrong?

Reid

Quote Originally Posted by ridgecrest View Post

I did get confirmation that the CW-C version can be run at 94# if it has the heavy duty belts. I did successfully carved a very simple sign.

For my second carve, I chose to use rails to save on wood waste. In Designer, I created a more detailed sign which I set to be 12 x 6 x .75. I created two rails 19 x 1.5 x .75 and secured them to edges of the board (12 x 6 x .75) - centering the board in the middle of the 19" rails. I taped the ends as shown in the April 2008 Tips and Tricks document. Here is what happens when I try to carve the sign. When prompted to keep under rollers and I selected both Yes and no and I got the same issue. It tells me that the board is 6.0.66 x 6.00 and asks me 1. Keep original size, 2. Scale to Board, 3. Load new board. I have tried multiple time and I get the same result.

I decided to forget about using rails for now so I cut a board, 19 x 6 x .75 for my 12 x 6 x .75 carving. I get the same results when I try to carve. In both scenarios, the CW does the "Homing", then it measures the board. The board is moved completely from one end to the other but still states that it 6.066 x 6.00. What am I doing wrong?

Reid
    Reid,
    Common issue for new carves and understanding what the display is telling you. The machine is looking for your design size 12x6, when it sees a board wider/longer (that is the first number in display and the second is your design size) it will ask you want you want to do. In your case go with original size. the next prompt should be "center on board" select "yes".

Also when you tell the machine to stay under rollers it will automatically add 7" in length to your design size so insure your at least that much longer in your set up. AS LG would say "8 inches or longer" .
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default Measurement

Quote Originally Posted by ridgecrest View Post

Reid
    Forget the project for a minute, and let's use measuring function.
    Put the board in the unit (card in place), and use the keyboard to get to the measurement option. Now do doth a Length and width check. Let's see if those readings are match your ruler.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123