Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A place to say hello?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    Lynn, Jerry and Gary,

SO GOOD to hear from you folks! Thanks for the welcome home and wishes for my mom.

I guess the best place to start with my questions is..... what's the latest version of software and will it still work with my old...original CW? LOL

I know I can find and get it at the CW site but I won't have time today. But I'd value your opinions on the latest version. Thanks again everyone and.... it's nice to be home!
    Hey Chris!

Latest software version is 1.182, which was released earlier this year, and yes it will work with your original CW.

Some of the others have already given a little info on some of the new things we have, like the new 3/16th carving and cutting bits, but we have so much more than just that to offer.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but we also have STL and DXF Import packages, a package called Conforming Vectors which enables you to conform vector paths like Centerline to patterns, carve regions, and other surfaces, and numerous other upgrades to the machine: CT Spindle, Heavy Duty traction belts, etc.

Welcome home buddy!

BTW, our mirror project is still incomplete. I have had sooooo much stuff come up that it got pushed to the side. Hoping to get it done soon though, and post the work of what one of the original CW machine's accomplished.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Chris,

I'm not sure I have ever corresponded with you directly, But I certainly have read many (all?) of your posts over the years. I know I would love to see you back on a more regular basis... although under better circumstances would be preferred.
    Doug Fletcher

Darn.... Answered your email and finally get here and TWO Pages of WELCOME BACK Messages in 2 HOURS....... To Say you were missed is a understatement.... WELCOME BACK BUDDY !!!!

I am a Phone Call or email away if you have any machine problems...

Good to see you back !!!!

I drove by the Pine Forest Camp the other day and Activity was apparent with the little darlings getting out of School soon.... Your SIGNS look GREAT !!!! I will let you know if I hear from them.

Check out the 250 Hour Maintenance thread in Troubleshooting. You may need to go over the machine looking for frozen Rail Bearings and I bet you are due for new Y Gear Box Bearings.

Take Care,

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 05-22-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    HEY!!!

Good to hear from you - was thinking about you the other day - hope all's as well as can be.

If you get to the point of looking at some upgrades, the CarveTite system is the bomb. I finally shelled out the old QC and did the upgrade - it's quieter, more robust, and the end product is even better than we were getting before.

Latest software will give you lots of new options - AskBud always lists out what each update does for you - do a search and you'll get up to speed.

Bigger carving and cutting bits (3/16"), the ability to pierce carvings, the ability to use Centerline in a Carve Region, or to conform it to a carve, etc.

You're gonna meet some pretty sharp folks that have gotten involved since we last saw you - they're a helluva lot smarter than me.

Great to see you're kickin'.
    Jerry!!! My brother from another mother Good to see you're kicking also buddy. Thanks for the great info man. If it turns out I'll be home long enough, (seems it might), I'll get up to speed with your advice. Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    I wish we could have gotten together for a quick cup of coffee! Maybe next time. As far as moderator goes, just trying to catch spammers but I spend more time tangled up in my super cape than anything else! LOL

Have you had a chance to get that Harley out on the road?
    Me as well but yes, when I get back out there I'll call ahead. I actually forget buddy, did we ever exchange phone numbers? I'll check my phone.

I'll bet you wear it well but try a little starch in that cape. It won't tangle so easily...LOL. I have had the Harley out but mainly just for running errands like picking up perscriptions for mom and such. I'm hoping to buy the truck I've been driving since the start. I've been grooming it to buy as I've had a LOT of things fixed on it and it's a good rig. My hope is if I can become an owner operator I can keep driving for a living but have a far more flexible schedule so I can be here for mom on a regular basis.

If that doesn't happen, well then I guess I'll just have to take that Harley back out to Spokane for coffee. After all, I know the way now...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by atauer View Post
    Hey Chris!

Latest software version is 1.182, which was released earlier this year, and yes it will work with your original CW.

Some of the others have already given a little info on some of the new things we have, like the new 3/16th carving and cutting bits, but we have so much more than just that to offer.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but we also have STL and DXF Import packages, a package called Conforming Vectors which enables you to conform vector paths like Centerline to patterns, carve regions, and other surfaces, and numerous other upgrades to the machine: CT Spindle, Heavy Duty traction belts, etc.

Welcome home buddy!

BTW, our mirror project is still incomplete. I have had sooooo much stuff come up that it got pushed to the side. Hoping to get it done soon though, and post the work of what one of the original CW machine's accomplished.
    Alex my man! Thanks for the info and no, I wasn't aware of most it. Sounds like I'm gonna have a BLAST learning new things and getting up to speed.

LOL...I was going to ask about that mirror. GEEEZZZZZ buddy, If I wind up having to stay home, just ship that puppy to me and I'll be happy to finish it to your specs for ya. It's about time you and yours start seeing yourselves in it....LOL
    Last edited by ChrisAlb; 05-22-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Well look who finally stuck his nose back into the saw dust world! Great to see you sir!

It looks like others have given you the scoop on the software changes, no more work arounds !
    Hoping all goes well with Mom.

HEY MODERATORS!, MOVE THIS OUT OF THE TEST AREA PLEASE!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Tried to move it early this morning, but evidently not able to do on Tapatalk.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

7. Default

Hello Chris ... great to hear from you. If you need anything feel free to call. Would love to have you up and running again.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    Chris,

I'm not sure I have ever corresponded with you directly, But I certainly have read many (all?) of your posts over the years. I know I would love to see you back on a more regular basis... although under better circumstances would be preferred.
    Hey Doug, Yes as a matter af fact we have emailed each other in the past. Sharing help and working out a few details on some image files if I recall correctly. I'm about to take mom for an MRI and follow up visit. I'm keeping the faith those "circumstances" will indeed get better.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Darn.... Answered your email and finally get here and TWO Pages of WELCOME BACK Messages in 2 HOURS....... To Say you were missed is a understatement.... WELCOME BACK BUDDY !!!!

I am a Phone Call or email away if you have any machine problems...

Good to see you back !!!!

I drove by the Pine Forest Camp the other day and Activity was apparent with the little darlings getting out of School soon.... Your SIGNS look GREAT !!!! I will let you know if I hear from them.

Check out the 250 Hour Maintenance thread in Troubleshooting. You may need to go over the machine looking for frozen Rail Bearings and I bet you are due for new Y Gear Box Bearings.

Take Care,

AL
    Al, what can I say to the man who helped me get started in all this, shared knowledge, did projects together and became great friends? It's all your fault!! LOL

It's been far too long since we've seen or talked to each other but every time I listen to satalite radio (which is only everyday all day) I think of you buddy!! I will ride up and see you soon my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Well look who finally stuck his nose back into the saw dust world! Great to see you sir!

It looks like others have given you the scoop on the software changes, no more work arounds !
    Hoping all goes well with Mom.

HEY MODERATORS!, MOVE THIS OUT OF THE TEST AREA PLEASE!
    LOL.... You know me Floyd, Like a bad dream I ALWAYS pop up again! LOL

Great to see you as well and I hope all is great in your world buddy. It's ok to leave this here man. I choose the test section so I didn't clutter up any more....ummmm... "Important" areas. So to Lynn, no big deal hun. Leaving it here is fine

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedWoodshop View Post
    Hello Chris ... great to hear from you. If you need anything feel free to call. Would love to have you up and running again.
    Thanks so much sir and good to see you as well Jason. Seems you have a few more links in your sig I'll need to follow and check out. Good to see you still going strong.

Well folks, I need to run now but I'll be back on this evening. Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome back. Sure feels GREAT!!!
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Good to hear from you Chris. You need to get a smartphone and pop in once in a while. Wishing you and your family the best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast