Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A place to say hello?

Wink A place to say hello?

OK, so where does an old wood carving dog pop in a post to say hello after being MIA for so long?? LOL .... I figured this test area was a safe place to do so.

Sooooo....... HELLO to all my wood carving friends and family!!! I miss you all very much and hope all my old buddies (and new carvers) are having a blast making dust and creating dreams. Some health issues with my mom have pulled me off the road for a while. How long is yet to be determined but I should know more as the week progresses.

It may even end up that I can't go back out. If that's the case, then I intend to convert the barn to a woodshop and try restarting my woodworking business. Should life take that path for me, I'll be in need of all your help as I'm SOOOOOO far out of the CW loop I hardly know where to begin....LOL

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone, hope everyone is well and wish you all the best!

Chris
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

The answer dear sir is anywhere you want.

Welcome home and prayers for your mom and her caregivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Hey Chris, Prayers for you and yours. Look forward to your postings like once before. Many ol' timers still here & many new famiy members. It's still a great place to be and learn from each other.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Happy to hear from you.
    Looking forward to hear from you more , good place to ck in and get some good advice.
    Gary
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Hi Chris!
    I look forward in sharing ideas and talking to you in the future.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Lynn, Jerry and Gary,

SO GOOD to hear from you folks! Thanks for the welcome home and wishes for my mom.

I guess the best place to start with my questions is..... what's the latest version of software and will it still work with my old...original CW? LOL

I know I can find and get it at the CW site but I won't have time today. But I'd value your opinions on the latest version. Thanks again everyone and.... it's nice to be home!
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

7. Default

Hey Chris!! It's been a long time buddy. I hope things get better with your mom but it is great to hear from you again.

Terry my friend! How have you been? It's funny but one of the last runs I did before coming home was a furniture delivery to our terminal in Spokane. I wish while driving I had a bit more "free" time because I've been to every corner of the USA and could meet just about everyone on this forum....LOL

I see you're now a Moderator man. Very Cool!! Guess I'll have to be careful around you now....LOL

Great to hear from you and God bless.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

HEY!!!

Good to hear from you - was thinking about you the other day - hope all's as well as can be.

If you get to the point of looking at some upgrades, the CarveTite system is the bomb. I finally shelled out the old QC and did the upgrade - it's quieter, more robust, and the end product is even better than we were getting before.

Latest software will give you lots of new options - AskBud always lists out what each update does for you - do a search and you'll get up to speed.

Bigger carving and cutting bits (3/16"), the ability to pierce carvings, the ability to use Centerline in a Carve Region, or to conform it to a carve, etc.

You're gonna meet some pretty sharp folks that have gotten involved since we last saw you - they're a helluva lot smarter than me.

Great to see you're kickin'.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    Terry my friend! How have you been? It's funny but one of the last runs I did before coming home was a furniture delivery to our terminal in Spokane. I wish while driving I had a bit more "free" time because I've been to every corner of the USA and could meet just about everyone on this forum....LOL

I see you're now a Moderator man. Very Cool!! Guess I'll have to be careful around you now....LOL

Great to hear from you and God bless.

I wish we could have gotten together for a quick cup of coffee! Maybe next time. As far as moderator goes, just trying to catch spammers but I spend more time tangled up in my super cape than anything else! LOL

Have you had a chance to get that Harley out on the road?
    Last edited by TerryT; 05-22-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast