Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A place to say hello?

I was in Honesdale last week and stopped into the local Newspaper to get some blank newsprint end rolls for printing Fire Tags. I saw Guy Mathew as he now works at the Paper. The Dust got to him at the place we visited about 2 years ago and saw his 10 spindle CNC and 2 other big CNC's. http://www.newwavewoodworking.com/page9.php

It has taken 3 guys to replace HIM.... With the 3D Scanning and Design, Artwork, and Production..... He was missed...

First thing and he asked about YOU.... ChrisAlb.... He remembers how excited we all were looking at the Big Boys Toys... He is in the planning stage to build a 10 or 12 station CNC that will use Dental Drills for cutting.... He had just gotten the Roller Bearing Rails from a Decommissioned Newspaper Camera that would work for his CNC... He was excited... He does drop in on the CW Forum and was impressed with the Roller Jig.

When you head my way on your Harley, let me know and we can do Lunch. Yes, my shop is still a mess.... LOL...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 05-22-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Hello Chris, been a long time. Glad to see you back here. Hope your Mom gets better, and that you can be around here more again.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Chris.... it's like having a long lost brother appear on the horizon.... you certainly helped me when I first started. Sure would be nice if you could stick around. I know it won't be long before your up to speed on all the new improvements. I've added you and your mother to my prayer list and hope that all news is good news.

Hi Chris,

Missed your Posts, both Info and Humor, I'm sure you'll be up to speed soon.
    You and your mom will be in our thoughts and prayers, --- Great seeing you back.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Chris, So nice to see you back, I look forward to hearing some of your wisdom. Welcome Home !

Capt Barry

Was wondering what happened to you...will say a prayer for your mom..unfortunatly I know how that goes first hand. Good to see you post.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Thanks so much everyone. It feels really great to hear from all of you again.

Al, that's so cool you got to see Guy. A great guy with fantastic vision and the talent to make it happen. That place got off easy if it only took 3 guys to replace him. I'd have figured 5! Yep...I'll call ahead and lunch sounds great. If your shop wasn't a mess, I'd figure you were being lazy at work...LOL

Sharon, been a long time darlin and I'm so glad to see you still carving away. I enjoyed the little bit I was able to help. We had fun exchanging thoughts and ideas. I've downloaded and installed the newest designer and hopefully I'll be able to start working with it and learning soon.

Ken you old carving dog...LOL I've missed your input as well. It was always fun and informative kicking around ideas and solutions with you. There aren't many who have given and shared as much as you have here.

Capt sir! How are you? I hope you're feeling well and making lots of dust. I think I still have some of the artwork we were working on together on my desktop system. I'll have to take a look.

To all of you, Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for my mom. Things are pretty difficult for her right now and I got news from the doctor visit yesterday that I may have to be here at least 6 to 8 weeks. I can take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave for family medical issues but I'll almost certainly lose the truck I've been driving from day 1. we'll have to see what happens but I think one thing is clear. My near future is about to go through some major changes again....lol

I know God has a plan but sometimes I wish he'd give me a clue what they are!
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    My near future is about to go through some major changes again....lol

I know God has a plan but sometimes I wish he'd give me a clue what they are!
    What ever they are, my friend, there are a good many people here that you have helped over the years that will do whatever the can to help smooth the way for you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123