Thread: Why can't I use "cut path" on this

Default Why can't I use "cut path" on this

I've been trying to cut out simple sayings and I can not use the cut path feature to finish my saying. I outline the word then use the cut path to get rid of the unwanted material; but when it comes to cutting inside a letter the cut path command only works on some of the letters. I made a simple "M" letter to show you what I mean. I outlined the entire project. Used the cut path feature for the outside but when I try to use cut path for the inside of the "M" it is not avaliable to use. Any ideas?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M CUT OUTLINE.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	53332

check that the vector is closed-- it almost never is the first time I do it... you really have to zoom in and check for the hashed red line.

Lawrence

Default Cut paths

Quote Originally Posted by KeystoneChuck View Post
    I've been trying to cut out simple sayings and I can not use the cut path feature to finish my saying. I outline the word then use the cut path to get rid of the unwanted material; but when it comes to cutting inside a letter the cut path command only works on some of the letters. I made a simple "M" letter to show you what I mean. I outlined the entire project. Used the cut path feature for the outside but when I try to use cut path for the inside of the "M" it is not avaliable to use. Any ideas?Click image for larger version. 

Cut paths need to be "Closed figures" or a vector line that exits the design. We can "close" some figures by using the Option found in the VIEW Icon drop-down titled "Toggle Non-Endpoints". If your figure is too small for the Outline to close this section, you probably will need to draw another connected line figure to accomplish the task.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by KeystoneChuck View Post

I have seen that several times the Outline function is drawing that in two to three lines, I think it is the sharp points in the image. I just redraw the line with the "Connected lines tool". You need a closed loop to use the "Cutpath tool"
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.