Thread: Got my first successful test out of the way, but need to refine a bit.

Default Got my first successful test out of the way, but need to refine a bit.

Hey there,

Just ran a test of a fret marker/inlay pattern. I used the dxf importer to import the design, and then got everything squared away (or at least I thought). I've attached the mpc file of what I'm working with. You can see that the pattern are essentially two backslashes \ \ at certain points of my fretboard. My inlays that will go into these pockets are 0.274 long by .050 wide. I'm using the 1/16" bit, which is going to leave some space, but that can be filled in.

when I ran the carve, the pockets were much larger than they should have been; perhaps I'm setting the carving region incorrectly? I'm not exactly sure. The end result should look like this:

I'm using the same dxf file that was used to do that fretboard, so I'm not recreating the wheel or anything. Maybe the issue is with the 1/16" bit.

I'd also like to find a smaller bit than a 1/16" if possible, but that may be a whole other conversation. Thanks for reading.

Sully

22 Fret mini slashes.mpc

what I would do because the pockets are so small instead of using pocket i would just select the polyline and click select bit then set your depth and set an offset of 1/32. see what this does for you.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.