Thread: Frustration over editor lockups

Default Frustration over editor lockups

So here is my issue. Start the designer - select open pattern editor - this works. Select Import - Import Image File - This is my issue - Screen flashes and windows staus bar shows 2 sections open for the designer but program completely locked up. Only way to unlock is to kill it from task manager. Was getting this almost every time. Sometimes I can reboot and clear issue. Sometimes I try 10 times and finaly it works. Example after much frustration to open a file I started this post and went through the steps as I write... yep you guessed it - worked this time. Al I want to do is open the editor when I want to and not play silly games. OK I have officialy vented... now any suggestions? For information I am an avid gamer and my system will play anything maxed out.. so plenty memory and computing power. Win 7 Pofessional 64 bit.
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

I had that same type of thing a while ago and un-installed and re-installed the designer software and it worked just fine after that.

Might be worth a try,
    Lawrence

How large is your favorites list? If you have a lot of patterns loaded in your favorites list in designer they will bog down designer and the pattern editor.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

What is the format of the file u are trying to open? Try file, then import image and save to pattern library, then double click to open in pattern editor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Did you install Designer as Administrator?

SO I uninstalled and reinstalled as Administrator.. pretty sure I did that the first time. I found I had double my Favorites.. from another thread... deleted oldest one. As to Lynn's question I never got to select a file while in editor it would flash and lock up without bringing up the window to select a file. After all that I just tried it and seems to work. I guess I will need to make a directory with all the files I seem to be accumulating.. make some JPG of what the file is so I can select the one I want witout having it in my favorites... Is there a better way?

I have a huge CarveWright Project directory by project in Documents and back it up on a USB Hard Drive very often... Sounds like you have it now.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenWizard View Post
    So here is my issue. Start the designer - select open pattern editor - this works. Select Import - Import Image File - This is my issue - Screen flashes and windows staus bar shows 2 sections open for the designer but program completely locked up. Only way to unlock is to kill it from task manager. Was getting this almost every time. Sometimes I can reboot and clear issue. Sometimes I try 10 times and finaly it works. Example after much frustration to open a file I started this post and went through the steps as I write... yep you guessed it - worked this time. Al I want to do is open the editor when I want to and not play silly games. OK I have officialy vented... now any suggestions? For information I am an avid gamer and my system will play anything maxed out.. so plenty memory and computing power. Win 7 Pofessional 64 bit.
    Looks like you are over loading your MPN file, see; http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...236#post177236
    Last edited by bjbethke; 05-21-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    Looks you are over loading your MPN file, see; http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...236#post177236
    That is at least one of the problems. I opened that file a little bit after getting the machine (looking for where files were stored) This link was extremely helpfull. Maybe this issue need to be included in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I have a huge CarveWright Project directory by project in Documents and back it up on a USB Hard Drive very often... Sounds like you have it now.

AL
    I am a Pack-Rat. I can not help but download all the files this forum has. The talent is great. I love having lots of choices so even if I don't see a use now, I get the file anyway, If for anything but insperation. I want to thank everyone for the great help this forum is providing.