Thread: Hollow Wooden Surfboard

1. Default Hollow Wooden Surfboard

So with the help of a bunch of members on the Carvewright forum, I was able to get this project up and moving. I've made several hollow wooden surfboards, but this one is the first one that I didn't have to trace and cut out all the ribs and stringer. I'll be selling the pattern through my website soon.

www.dandjwoodenboards.com

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/r...1912233335.mp4

Nice job, looks like you need a dust collector though.
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Looks great. We want follow ups on this. My nephew and I have been talking about building a board for him. I'm just wandering will those files for the board become available?
    All woodworkers make some mistakes.......

But a true craftsmen knows how to fix it.

Excellent use for the CW... Nice Work !!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

5. Default

Great video and boards on your website. The round clamps you use, did you make these out of pvc pipe? or were they purchased?

Looks good and is a time saver, but why not carve those cedar blocks to. You could plane them down etc. once, then scan them with the probe. Save a bunch of time and work, plus get consistant results.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

7. Default

I actually didn't pay anything. I went to a local irrigation store that caters to contractors and they had a pile of stuff they didn't need any more. I use 4 and 6 inch clamps.

8. Default

I wanted to send this particular file out to anyone who is interested. I tried to attach it through this thread, but one of the files was too large. This forum has been very helpful to me and I'd like to offer the files to anyone who wants it. After getting some good feedback, I'll then move on to selling the pattern. Why don't you (and anyone else interested) email me at dandjwoodenboards@gmail.com. I can email the file back to you.