Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CW Discussions on Other Forums

1. Default

@PCW... most of the comments that people made were founded on things they had read on other forums - not personal experience with the machine, some of them made over 1300 days ago. We all know that things have changed in the world of CarveWright in the last three years.

I think what Connie has done is completely justified and I thank her for pointing them out to us.

I think that everyone should be willing to talk about wood working. Whether it is the Carvewright or something else. A good decisions is always educational. Thanks Connie for listing them.

Leo

CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I will do what I can, but I hardly have time to come to this forum, so I don't get to others. I agree with Lawrence that honesty is the best approach. It is a hobby level machine and does require some maintenance. I just used mine for industrial level work for a month and they (one at the start and acquired a second to finish the job) made it thru just fine. Observation and some repairs were required along the way, but I would think that industrial level CNCs would require the same. When you consider 4 important factors, cost, footprint, capacity (thinking of the Click&Carve), and ease of use, I don't see another CNC that comes close.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Not asking for anything, but honesty on these postings.

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Yes, it is somewhat frustrating to see/read what people write...so much erroneous info and unfounded "opinion" it's not even funny. I would say some of the stuff is just plain crazy. Hoping this turns around sooner than later!

BTW, I still use a totally unmodified "A" machine. I think the A machines have gotten an unusually severe "bad rap" - I've made tons of cool things with it just fine! No ripped belts, no broken gears, no tracking problems, nothing unusual in the way of maintenance. I will install the CarveTite one of these days, primarily for the convenience of having the same bit configuration as my other machine (I will be one of the few that will miss the QC, I suppose).
    Yeah, that is going to be a very small club regarding people that liked the QC...

Quote Originally Posted by Ton80 View Post
    Yeah, that is going to be a very small club regarding people that liked the QC...
    You're probably right...but, I just carved the Anchor and Chain August 2012 POM using my original machine with the QC! Came out perfectly, as normal.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

You're probably right...but, I just carved the Anchor and Chain August 2012 POM using my original machine with the QC! Came out perfectly, as normal.
    First, that chain looks awesome! My CW RevB was one of the ones that really had no trouble with the QC.. vibrations were not an issue like many other machines.. I used to dislike all the cleaning and it was always a concerning moment when you loaded a bit trying to determine if it was truly locked in. I changed to The Rock out of necessity when my QC broke into pieces while snapping its outer flange open/closed freeing the dust that collected in it. Too many moving parts where they didn't need to be. I think even CW would secretly admit it probably should never have been on the machines seeing how many issues came up relating to it's design and the maintenance required to keep it from failing.

That said, on topic, I have actually seen more positive things about the CW on other forums than negative.. I've also seen the posts by AL and Lawrence showing off their work and then the following responses of other members asking questions and noting how cool the finished projects look. I don't have the time to participate in other forums but if I ever find myself with the opportunity to post something about the CW I would certainly recommend it to someone that is looking for an entry way into CNC... I think for most woodworkers that aren't running production shops the CW is the only machine they would ever need...

10. Default

I have my original A machine going in the shop right now. It has had the z upgrade, I replaced traction belts once, roller bearings and y-gearbox bearings, the chuck and just last week I had to replace the Y timing belt. All of the bias cords broke and it was like a rubber band. But this machine has well over a thousand hours on it. Like you, Michael, I plan to put the carve tight on it so I don't have to mess with other adaptors. There have been a few other things that I don't remember. Things like cut motor brushes, etc. My B machine hasn't had much in the line of repairs so far.
    Last edited by TerryT; 07-25-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast