Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW Discussions on Other Forums

Default CW Discussions on Other Forums

There are quite a few discussions about CarveWright on other forums. Some good, some bad and some just plain wrong. A lot of the information being shared is out dated and doesn't apply to the Version C. Some people responding only have the experience or memories of the early model A machines. We would like to change CW's image and need your help. As an employee, I cannot reply to some or add input when I would like. So, I will be posting interesting topics here for you guys to (if you so choose) carry the torch!

There are several of you already doing that and I truly appreciate it.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Signs101... One of my Favorite Forums.... I chimed in as I have been a member for a few years.

Sawmill Creek is another one that has CW Threads that Connie, Lawrence, others and I have Chimed in on...

The Proof in the Pudding to spend some time reading the Troubleshooting Threads HERE.... Normal Wear and Tear and the occasional bad part..

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Yup... me too. Threw in my 2 cents.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

These are on Lumberjocks

http://lumberjocks.com/garageguy/blog/29254

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/34815

This one is a little bit old, but still being looked at when ppl search for CarveWright

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/4195

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    There are quite a few discussions about CarveWright on other forums. Some good, some bad and some just plain wrong. A lot of the information being shared is out dated and doesn't apply to the Version C. Some people responding only have the experience or memories of the early model A machines. We would like to change CW's image and need your help. As an employee, I cannot reply to some or add input when I would like. So, I will be posting interesting topics here for you guys to (if you so choose) carry the torch!

There are several of you already doing that and I truly appreciate it.
    Yes, it is somewhat frustrating to see/read what people write...so much erroneous info and unfounded "opinion" it's not even funny. I would say some of the stuff is just plain crazy. Hoping this turns around sooner than later!

BTW, I still use a totally unmodified "A" machine. I think the A machines have gotten an unusually severe "bad rap" - I've made tons of cool things with it just fine! No ripped belts, no broken gears, no tracking problems, nothing unusual in the way of maintenance. I will install the CarveTite one of these days, primarily for the convenience of having the same bit configuration as my other machine (I will be one of the few that will miss the QC, I suppose).
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I'm an active member on several forums and have found that for me, the best option is often to not talk up the CW too much (though I can and sometimes do so) It also helps if you post/are an active member of the forum itself... just coming out of the blue can seem disingenuous. In fact, the fact that this forum's members were encouraged to to talk up the CW on other forums was noted (and not taken well) in the past... The posts by others like Al are also great for increasing the CW's reputation as his expertise and knowledge is readilly apparent.

I find that when I just post my projects and then mention that I use my Carvewright I usually get lots of questions and try to answer them as and when I can. I also try to be honest... lets face it, there have been problems with the machine and customer service in the past. I admit this and also try to point out that things have improved and continue to improve on both counts. This honesty seems to (usually) alleviate questions that I am "in the pocket" of LHR. It is also well worth noting to folks that while this is a great little machine, it is not built for industrial use... it is a hobbiest tool built to hobbyist specifications. This isn't necessairally a bad thing... it's the niche that the CW fills and I'm honest about it.

In the end, it really is the results that matter When all else fails, show them just how easy it can truly be to get GREAT results. The proof is in the pictures!

Lawrence
    Last edited by lawrence; 05-18-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Really.... You feel you have to funnel folks from here to other forum's to defend the product. Personally I think that is deceiving and it it may bite you in return. IMPO

Great reply Lawrence.

I don't see how making real users aware of conversations that request real user knowledge of the machine as wrong or deceiving.

I'm not asking anyone to lie. They are asking for honest opinions and I am asking for real present day uses to reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 05-18-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast