Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help

1. Default Help

Please help anybody,
    I just got the centerline, and I have been trying the 60-v bits. Sometimes it just touches the material, and the next time it goes all the way through without me even doing anything to the project. Also is there a easy way to see how deep it will cut?

Alvin

I draw a rectangle around the centerline and then do a carve region- start the carve region very deep and then keep shallowing it up until you see the centerline start to show. This is how deep it will go...

Lawrence

Default Centerline depth

Quote Originally Posted by insiders05 View Post
    Please help anybody,
    I just got the centerline, and I have been trying the 60-v bits. Sometimes it just touches the material, and the next time it goes all the way through without me even doing anything to the project. Also is there a easy way to see how deep it will cut?

Alvin
    Several things affect the depth of Centerline text.
    Lawrence is correct, but I'll add some other thoughts as well.

First is the Font you select as well as the bit applied.
    The wider & darker the font, in the selection screen, the deeper it will carve. The 60 degree bit selection will carve deeper than the 90 degree application on the same font. The larger the text, the deeper it carves.

On the design board, just place your mouse on the groove (which is the center line of that letter) at the widest part and look at the right-most number in the bottom left of your screen. This number shows the carve depth at that point. As you move the mouse, the number will change as the depth changes.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Centerline depth.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	53071

Many time we wish to apply Centerline or other vectors to a pattern or carve Region. This may be accomplished with the $50.00 add-on titled "Conforming Vectors" (CV). This add-on is well worth the cost!

Drill and mill areas, not done with the Raster carve will not accept the CV application at this time.

My "Download" link, below, has two lesson which you should review. The first is titled "Conforming Vectors", and the 2nd is "Pockets and Conforming Vectors".

Feel free to attach your MPC (design) if you need advice on a specific problem.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I may be wrong but it sounds like the bit is not or barely not making it to the board. Insider05 may have more of a hardware problem as opposed to a centerline problem. Is the bit touching the bit plate? Have you tried extending the length of the bit in the chuck?

5. Default

Thanks to all that have tried to help. I have made sure that the bit hits the bit plate. My question now is why does it change if I don't change the pattern? One time it does not touch the material, and then if I just run it again it will go all the way thought it.

Thanks to all that have tried to help. I have made sure that the bit hits the bit plate. My question now is why does it change if I don't change the pattern? One time it does not touch the material, and then if I just run it again it will go all the way thought it.
    It sound like your bit is loose in the chuck. What chuck do you have? What bit are you using? Please attach the MPC as well.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

7. Default

I have the Carvetight, and am useing the 60-v. I have made sure that it is tight and that it is all the way in. What is the MPC and how do I attach?

I have the Carvetight, and am useing the 60-v. I have made sure that it is tight and that it is all the way in. What is the MPC and how do I attach?
    Is this a new machine from LHR or was it purchased elsewhere (New or Used)? I presume that you are using a bit from LHR (CW) along with a split collar.
    My "Download" link, below, has a lesson titled "Attachments-Revised 7-9-2012" that shows the attachment process. A MPC is your Designer file.
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

9. Default

it was used, but only had an hour on it. It was ruturned to the store where I got it for 1/2 price. I got it when they frist came out, so it is old. I have not had any problems with it until a few weeks ago when the quick change went out on it. I got the new z truck and the carvetight, along with new traction belts, and new bits. I took it all apart and cleaned it all out when I changed all the parts. I have ran many things in it since then, but still cant get the centerline to work. I will go watch yout download. thanks for your help.

What version of firmware are you running? Are you using the stop collars with the v groove bit?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast