Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-Drive Gears

Quote Originally Posted by IamDave View Post
    Actually the head pressure is only 62 lbs. on either roller. It has been that way since it was sent back from the factory. There is only 1 clutch force adjustment spacer on the crank handle. All the vertical guide rods and lead screws have been thoroughly cleaned and lubricated.

Dave
    Head pressure should be checked any time the machine is moved, whether in your trunk or by UPS (especially UPS). It should be in the 75 to 85 lb range. You need to raise your head pressure.

Go to www.carvewright.com > SUPPORT > MAINTENANCE where you will find documents to assist you with maintenance, repair and replacement.

See http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb...d_pressure.pdf
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by IamDave View Post
    Actually the head pressure is only 62 lbs. on either roller. It has been that way since it was sent back from the factory. There is only 1 clutch force adjustment spacer on the crank handle. All the vertical guide rods and lead screws have been thoroughly cleaned and lubricated.

Dave
    What do you mean "on either roller". I think the head pressure needs to be measured as total force from both rollers. If you measure one roller at a time, the head may twist and bind giving a lower reading.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    What do you mean "on either roller". I think the head pressure needs to be measured as total force from both rollers. If you measure one roller at a time, the head may twist and bind giving a lower reading.
    Good catch, Bergerud!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

My thought on checking the front and back compression rollers independently “on either roller” was to see if perhaps the front or the back was binding. They both checked the same so I assumed it was not just one of them causing low head pressure.
    I followed the procedure for low head pressure and now I get 85 lbs.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12