Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z stall help

dpohli Guest

Default Z stall help

My machine gives a z-stall error as soon as it is ready to start cutting. All the board measurement and bit registration seems to work fine, but as soon as the machine goes to start cutting with the cutter head running it gives me this error. Any thoughts? I recently sent my machine in to be upgraded to the Carvetight spindle and heavy duty belts, think I carved one small project since I got it back. Help!

I saw in the troubleshooting guide a reference to a z-stall Troubleshooting document but I haven't been able to find it. Can anyone send me a link?

Can you attached your MPC - a lot of the time that is the problem, if you attach it we can look it over and make sure it is not the project. Try loading a different project and see if it does the same thing.

Could be power supply issue. I kept getting stalls when machine was ready to start then stop and LCD goes blank. Search for power supply you will find lots of details. I took mine to local TV repair shop they had me fixed in 5 minutes.

Does the bit spin when you load it. I had the same problem and it was the dust on the right door switch

Leo
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

dpohli Guest

Yes the bit spins when I load it. The LCD never goes blank, I just get the error and the project aborts. The machine gets to the point that it so ready to start carving the project, starts the bit, and then I get e Z-axis stall error as soon as it starts to lower into the board. I will try a different project and attach the MPC when I get back to my shop. Thanks for the ideas!!

I had the same problem .. my machine was down for a month. Changed the fsc cable .. then decided to change the z motor.. that worked.. it is very easy to work on these machines .. I have had mine apart and back together many times.. anybody with any basic elec skills can do it.. Keep plugging away .. it's really a great machine.

Look for scratches under the z belt. Sometimes the screws clamping the belt come loose and the clamp rubs on the truck.

i had trouble with mine ended up being the wires that connect to the moter funny thing i had just replaced brushes and put the thing back together being carefull to connect the wires exactly pushed together come time to run a proj and it spun up after installing cut bit then homed then reddy to cut i got error msgs tried again this time dif error msg i ended up making sure the wires were connet an BINGO one wire was loose must have happen when i shoved the wires into the box SHOULD HAVE USED MASKING TAPE TO SEAL THE DEAL RIGHT AL
    denny

Now don't pick on masking tape, that is what holds the world together.

Leo

Masking Tape.... Makes the World go around....

Sounds like a bad FSC Cable or a bad Z Motor.... Then again, the Power Supply L2 could be giving you the problem due to the cutting vibration....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast