Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Wood Shop (The Trailer)

WOW.... Add 911 Signs to the mix too... Grimco.com has the blanks in green and blue. They sell packs of Punched out 4 inch numbers and at Wally Mart they sell a little plastic thread box about 4 inches high, 4 inches deep and 12 inches long. It has slide in dividers and I have my numbers in the box in a easy to use set. I lay a 6 inch ruler on the top and bottom of the sign and place the first letter in the middle with a piece of tape for a hinge. I then pull the letter back and remove the back and press it down. I can make a 2 sided sign in about 2 minutes. The Blanks and Numbers cost about $8.00 in total with shipping to make. I sell them for $20.00. I have made 8 this week so they do sell. A GREAT Addition to the shop. You can Vinyl Cut them but the pre cut or stamped letters work great. Wally Mart sells a little Stainless Steel Spatula about 3/4 x 1 inch used to move vinyl on the Cricket. It works GREAT to remove letters from the 911 signs.

Grimco also sells the 3M Electro Cut film in Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, and Brown to cut and place on the new White High Intensity Blanks to make Street Signs. In PA you need to get Penn DOT Certification to make street signs that I have. I don't sell many as a truck makes a pass through the area each week from Upstate New York and hits all the Townships and Developments. My cost for Blanks is the selling price for this company so in my case I don't sell many street signs. The Film is about $400.00 per roll. Most states require you to buy the Street Signs from a Certified Vendor as the Anti Corrosion Chemicals used are nasty. They don't want Mom and Pop Sign Shops dumping the chemicals in the water supply. So 911 Signs are a BIG HIT and seller.... Worth it... Metal Street Signs... Could be.... Cash and Carry at a show... Setting up a table with the KIDS making the 911 signs would be a BIG HIT at shows... They are EASY... as seen in the picture... Tape one end fold back and remove the backing and apply...

Good Luck !!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

2. Default

Thank you for the idea AL ... I will be adding the stuff on the trailer to do them.

Grimco will only sell to a Sign Business so you should be good to go.... they refuse to sell to Fire Departments and Townships wanting the business to go to Sign Shops. IF you decide to get into the Electro Cut Street Signs... A little TRICK... I had a bad problem with the Transfer Tape on top of the film with the letters cut out to show the High Intensity white. I would get air bubbles under the film.... the Trick or FIX.... Use 4 layers of transfer tape over the film as just one or two layers lets the film droop and air pockets develop. The 4 layers give the transfer some more Rigidity and that cardboard like transfer works like a charm...

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Jason! I LOVE the vinyl design on the side of the trailer!! Looks professional, easy to read and tells the "story". Don't forget to add your web address - big and bold!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

5. Default

Vinyl update .... should be able to finish it up tomorrow.

6. Default

Here is a pic of the "Tool Hutch" everything in one small space. I will be doing a new video when I get the vinyl finished and get everything put back where it goes.
    Last edited by LittleRedWoodshop; 06-10-2012 at 11:34 PM.

I do not see any saw dust in that place!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Jason looks very impressive. Love the vinyl signage on the side, and like Floyd "where is the saw dust"
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedWoodshop View Post

Vinyl update .... should be able to finish it up tomorrow.
    That is OUTSTANDING, Jason. The trailer is GREAT FREE advertising for CarveWright, as well as for your own business! I've thought of you as one of the foremost leaders in promoting the benefits, value, and overall concept of the CarveWright System for many years, and this is a major continuation of that! Everywhere you go, you're going to have people take notice, ask questions about the CarveWright, and sell loads of CW machines and signs too! Great work, Jason!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    That is OUTSTANDING, Jason. The trailer is GREAT FREE advertising for CarveWright, as well as for your own business! I've thought of you as one of the foremost leaders in promoting the benefits, value, and overall concept of the CarveWright System for many years, and this is a major continuation of that! Everywhere you go, you're going to have people take notice, ask questions about the CarveWright, and sell loads of CW machines and signs too! Great work, Jason!
    I just wanted to post that I am agreement with Michael on what he had to say about you Jason.

Keep up the good work and the very best to you sign business.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast