Thread: 3rd owner of a never used A-model...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good Job so far.... I am in the shop until 11 PM almost every night and it is a shop phone so it will bother no one ringing after hours.

The Cap is that black plastic retainer shown in the picture above. When installed with a single screw, it supports the FSC Cable and won't let is sag. In the picture you can see Shoe Glue or something like it on the FSC Cable plug. Most plugs were glued in the factory. For this black cap I like to install it and place a 1 inch long piece of masking tape over the top of the cap and FSC Cable locking it in place.

I would ask LHR to buy one.... It will save you money in the end.... If the cable ripped out or sagged to the point that it shorted out the Servo power then the Z or The Z Driver Transistor in the Computer might be fried.... Some Servo Drives like this that I worked with at the Sony Picture Tube plant, they has a 1/16 amp fuses on the output of the servo drivers. In this case, either the Servo Motor Smokes as my Z did, or the Driver Transistor does... If you open the computer, it will be screwed to the wall of the computer for a heat sink... The X, Y, and Z Drivers. I have yet to have cause to replace a Driver Transistor, did it all the time at Sony.

I have a Magic Jack Internet Phone and it is FREE to call you back if yours is a toll call. It will have a 215 Area code as it comes out of the Internet in Bucks County, PA near Philly.

Good Luck,

AL

Found this old picture showing masking tape over the FSC Cable and Cap preventing the cable from pulling out..... My choice of the slang word "vice" has gotten me more email.... What do you mean? "Vice" = "Rather" in my World traveled Vocabulary.... I remember getting teased at a Fire Dept Carnival in the 80's... The Kitchen Ladies were asking me it I wanted this and that with my Meal... Just to get me to say.... "I will pass" = "No Thanks".... They got a Chuckle out of my Slang.... I also picked up talking with my hands after a few Navy Visits to Italy.... I can't stop... LOL.... 27 Countries in 20 years and I picked up a few Slang Words...
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 05-06-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com