Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unknown Carvers Confusion

1. Default

I do not believe that anyone here is qualified to give legal advise. I can understand that you may not want to talk about it. But my advice would still be to contact a copyright attorney to answer your questions. It would be foolish to depend on legal advice from anyone else. I would like to talk to you because I am very interested in why you are so concerned about the legal issues involved here and why you are so defensive and confrontational.
    Last edited by TerryT; 05-06-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unknowncarver View Post
    No I am not selling any patterns right now, not on ebay or anywhere else, This is what I was talking about that things got crazy as soon as I posted. Your website is not on your post but it doesn't matter what do we have to talk about? I have bought the disks and that was before I knew that I could find patterns here.
    Got to ask, Since you did buy the disks (does that mean more than one?), how do you feel now knowing that what you paid for from Ebay was available for free? Did you give the seller any feedback concerning this issue?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    I bought my machine in 07/08 and had zero issues finding patterns here. Could CW put a free pattern section and organize it? Sure but why would they? LOL its free stuff shared by forum members...they sell machines and have a pattern store.

Alot of money from patterns?..lol thats surely a relative term...put it to this way I am not quitting the day job anytime soon. Not trying to discourage you from making them. My perspective it's a fun hobby. Scan away and Model away. Post some pics of your models.

Did you end getting the Blender Vids? Good stuff for creating reliefs
    Thanks Jpaluck for discussing this with out accusations. I only began using blender from your posts a few days ago, I went through the get started tutorial videos but with work (my real job) I have not yet had much time to put it to work. Wierd how even moderators are making accusations now. It has been nice that you have been straight with me, I have had my carvewright for about a year but only found this forum a few weeks ago. Not sure I like it though. Some like you are helpful but overall this place seems angry and accusatory.

Unknown

I have NEVER found it angry at all nor accusutory. Actually one of the best groups of guys I found on the net. Everyone pretty much helps each other out shares their stuff etc...they just get pissed when folks steal from them as a community..can't blame them on that one..showed you the e-bay with one of mine there...what a scumbag. SFSALES2000 was actually on this forum...lol cant mention name or my post get deleted...so a lot us know who the guy is....Funny after some folks broke him out he never came back...lol
    Last edited by jpaluck; 05-06-2012 at 12:24 AM.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Got to ask, Since you did buy the disks (does that mean more than one?), how do you feel now knowing that what you paid for from Ebay was available for free? Did you give the seller any feedback concerning this issue?
    I did, I just looked and I bought them from sharkteeman and I did give positive feedback. I bought one with 250 patterns and a second edition disk with 50 patterns. At the time I thought it was a good deal and to be honest I still think it was I have used them for about a year and made many projects. In fact I sent him a message when I was getting an error on my machine and he referred me here to find answers. That is how I found this forum. Turns out my truck was hitting wires on the non keyboard side and when I moved them up out of the way my machine started working again. Once I found this forum I got more interested in making my own patterns in a better way. I have imported some from pics on the net but the results were not anything like patterns I got on the disks. Now I am learning why from this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Your just trying to see what you can do...cool. Post some pics...Did you get the Blender Videos?
    I have been reading all the posts. Just up front I have never sold a pattern in my life. However I have used patterns posted to carve projects. I have always given them as presents. I also donate to churches and Nursing homes. I just wanted to make sure that is OK.

Leo

Leo I cant speak for the other who have shared patterns but me if some makes money or whatever THRU CARVING one i shared more power to them..happy for them. I think what is annoying when you make a pattern and a person sells it as his own..
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    I do not believe that anyone here is qualified to give legal advise. I can understand that you may not want to talk about it. But my advice would still be to contact a copyright attorney to answer your questions. It would be foolish to depend on legal advice from anyone else. I would like to talk to you because I am very interested in why you are so concerned about the legal issues involved here and why you are so defensive and confrontational.
    I thought I answered that already, but actually I was never looking for legal advice and I never asked for It. Originally I asked if it was ok to use 3d sculptures and pics found on the net to make and sell patterns. I saw where several people were selling patterns on their own websites and on pattern depot and I was wondering about copyright issues. Maybe I worded something wrong but I still do not think I was defensive and confrontational, in fact it seemed to me that I was immediately confronted and even though I never mentioned or even thought about ebay sellers that is what was immediately thrown in to the mix by others. Take a look at my original posts, I never brought up ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by ladjr View Post
    I have been reading all the posts. Just up front I have never sold a pattern in my life. However I have used patterns posted to carve projects. I have always given them as presents. I also donate to churches and Nursing homes. I just wanted to make sure that is OK.

Leo
    Got for it! That is what is all about. Sharing our designs so that people have things to carve and help them with their design requests for carving. The greatest feature of this forum when I got started. Many used what was being asked and posted/shared as a learning tool to learn how to use designer and the pattern editor. Ken, Doc, Jerry, BJB and many others taught me a lot about the tools.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

10. Default

I thought I answered that already, but actually I was never looking for legal advice and I never asked for It. Originally I asked if it was ok to use 3d sculptures and pics found on the net to make and sell patterns. I saw where several people were selling patterns on their own websites and on pattern depot and I was wondering about copyright issues. Maybe I worded something wrong but I still do not think I was defensive and confrontational, in fact it seemed to me that I was immediately confronted and even though I never mentioned or even thought about ebay sellers that is what was immediately thrown in to the mix by others. Take a look at my original posts, I never brought up ebay.
    My appologies,
    It was this response to my question "are you asking for legal advise" that through me off.
    I am not the only one discussing these issues on this forum. But, yes I guess I am. LOL.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast