Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blender bas releif node patch

Ok `last post for a bit on this..lol..I am thouroly addicted to this. Everything I throw at it comes out very nice. Usually there is no way at all to get a good releif out of statue like this in full 3d due to the depth. Below are he results. The cool part with this method you dont have to know a thing about modeling. Just find free models on the net and follow the videos. Easiest methos I have seen for creating nice 2.5d models
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails statue.jpg   statueex.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

This almost never works in most methods of getting a height map from a model.
    Well don't tell LG this as a image map and the right camera view makes this a simple job in Lightwave, what we did before the STL plug-in, any angle and 32 bit PNG high quality into Designer, having said this I take a look see as this software seems to flatten the shape a little to the board.

Here is a clasic violin top image made from a 32 bit PNG rendered in Lightwave and loaded into designer back 2008." I think my first one was in 2006"

For my money I would get LHR's STL importer and save the hassle of rendering the mesh.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Violin_Image.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	52807
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 04-30-2012 at 07:55 PM.

LG might ebe a simple job for you..LOL but it wasnt for me. I could never figure it out prior to trying this plug in. Somehow I figured you knew how to do this.

Here are a couple, again done from full 3d statue. I cant take any credit for these models as they are free online...I just put them thru blender bas relief node
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails models.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Well it had to be simple if i did it...

here i still see the eage from the conversion... if i used the STL program I could just cut it off a little.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eageR001.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	52808

Yeah it produces and edge sometimes....when I am placing the depthmap on a plane in zbrush I waas using 100% stregnth..started lowering to like 50-60 was losing big edge
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

LG

Here is the Screenshot of blender..it actually really fast...once the nodes are set you just the file then swap models out..this probably make more sense to you than to me..I get it to an extent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blender sc.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

John everything you posted looks great. I too had not figured out how to do the bas relief using any of the software I have, and it come out looking like what you have shown. I will be looking into the blender and node editing to make 2.5d from some of my 3d models. Edges can still be cut off using stl importer once the bas relief has been created.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

It looks like the Hulk object and scene had some depth scaling that looks realy good..
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 04-30-2012 at 11:23 PM.

I just bought it and am dl'ing it... I'll throw in my 2 cents at some point too.

Lawrence

I emailed the Guy LG about the depth/edge on the back waiting to hear back..no edge on the hulk...he emailed in regards to the stepping on how to fix it...changed some code in the plug in...runs a little slower and I am using I990 extreme...I think it would really bog down a quad
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast