Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Blender bas releif node patch

Chay,

I havent opened Blender in a couple years prior to using it now..even when I did prior I never got much accomplished..lol. Google blender and there will be a ton of info that comes up
    Last edited by jpaluck; 05-04-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Ok went a little more into blender...Here is what I have figured out. You can make really nice patterns from free models online without one bit of modeling. The only things you will have to learn is how to open the program, import export and as hard as it get moving your model into the camera view like the screenshot below. After the height map is rendered blender as a really neat feature that will make geometry from a heightmap image...simply import "images as plane" - the height map you just created. Then export out as an obj and if you want and bring your model into sculptris and smooth out the rough areas..add some detail whatever you like...then export bring back into blender and export out as an stl and then into designer or simply export a heightmap out of sculptris and into designer if you dont have the stl importer.

Bottom line Blender and Sculptris are all you need to make awsome 2.5d patterns with no modeling...lol till you run out of finding free ones and take the plunge to learn a little more. Dont ask about the model I have in the screenshots...was playing around testing depth etc..quick weird head thing I made. Both programs are completely free.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SC1.jpg   sc2_image_plane.jpg   sc3_render_setup.jpg  
    Last edited by jpaluck; 05-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

John I really want to get in to this, but no time just yet. Everything you showed and what I have seen so far looks like it will be easy, with the hardest part getting to know a little of Blenders UI.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

5. Default

So I have a question if you get these models free on the internet then use this software to make patterns, how many of you will be selling the patterns and is this copywright infringement? I have read the posts about sellers and it seems many are angry with some sellers but seems everyone is getting free pictures off the net and making patterns and selling them even state logos etc. Even LHR staff is encouraging people to sell state logos if they are not copywrighted. As a newbie to this forum I am confused about all of this.

Your gonna Love it Eddie.

I wouldnt sell any the patterns I found on line..thats pretty cheesey..just because I converted them to a carving patterns means nothing..I'm not the creator. Some below are free some are ones I made. BUT if I were to go thru this forum and download the free patterns posted and re-sold them on bay thats a thief. Nothing confusing about that. Kinda of dead subject
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Quote Originally Posted by unknowncarver View Post
    So I have a question if you get these models free on the internet then use this software to make patterns, how many of you will be selling the patterns and is this copywright infringement? I have read the posts about sellers and it seems many are angry with some sellers but seems everyone is getting free pictures off the net and making patterns and selling them even state logos etc. Even LHR staff is encouraging people to sell state logos if they are not copywrighted. As a newbie to this forum I am confused about all of this.
    Yes confused, totally,

These are not being sold!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

8. Default

ok, I guess this is a touchy subject but dont mean to offend anyone. I saw on another post where state seals are going to be sold and another post where people were saying the patterns being sold on here are from scans and web pictures and so I thought I would ask. Sorry if I offended anyone. Just trying to fiqure this out.

Unknowncarver, The first state pattern I made of Texas, I was not going to sell it, because I thought it was copyrighted. A forum member did the search and it was not copyrighted, so YES I am selling it. I made it for the fun of it, planning on deleting it. I never posted the pattern just images. Therefore even if it was copyrighted I had done no harm by making it then deleting it. Since it as well as the Missouri State seal copyright has run out, making and selling the pattern is not an infringement. More than half of the patterns I make are originals, where I created the the pattern using vectors, such as the wheel clock, ships wheel, 10" saw blade, Belt, tire clock, and so on. Patterns posted here to be shared may or may not be originals, only the creator knows for sure. All patterns I make for sale, using someone's image I check the copyright FIRST.

Not all state seals are copyrighted, many have changed over the years and are still copyrighted.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

John,
    I have been using the Nextengine 3d scanner for a while now it really works great i think. Would be perfect and fun with this. If you do get one be sure to get the HD version it is a little more but worth it. Also there is usually one on ebay being sold and it comes from nextengine but its a little cheaper same warranty There is hardly no learning curve maybe 1or 2 days probably not that tho

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast