Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Errors. Here I go again.

Default Multiple Errors. Here I go again.

I've had it with this machine. Tonight I got a "Slipped: Check Y Belt" error. I restarted the project, then got a Z-Axis stall error. Checked for wood chips and rough spots, found nothing, then started the project again and got a Check board sensor error. I took it apart and couldn't find anything, so I put it back together and got another Check board sensor error. I give up. I have spent ten times more money on this machine than I have ever made. I've got 6 orders right now and I can't fill any of them. I also reformatted the card and re-flashed the firmware. Still got one of the errors above. Anyone got any ideas?

Jeff

FCC ribbon?

What's the FCC ribbon?

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Y belt error could be the y motor bearings or the roller bearings on the y truck especially if you have a lot of hours on the machine.

I have had to re start a project and had to run tape across and length wise to have it read the board. Otherwise got the check board sensor reading

Sometimes the board sensor won't read the already carved area

Think we have all been frustrated at one time or another, with orders waiting so I understand that part of it.

How many cut hours on your machine?

FCC cable is the white flat cable that runs from a circuit board on the head to the back of the z motor, make sure it didn't pull out,

Around 100. Just had it at Lhr last month for measurement problems.

Jeff

The reason I say check the FFC ribbon is because of all the different errors. Al may chime in with more detailed advice.
    Last edited by bergerud; 04-23-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Oops, it's FFC not FCC

Joined in 2008 so you could have a "A" version... That leads me to ask the first question....? Do you have a old 18 pin FSC flat ribbon cable or have you upgraded to the 14 pin FSC Cable System... With this many problems it sounds like a torn FSC Cable. LHR only sells the 14 pin cable you need to know what version you have... 18 or 14... IF you installed the new 14 pin in a 18 pin Jack the wider pins short out the Computer... Just a warning to know what version you have and how it could be a $500.00 plus error....

Next is the possibility of the wires to the board detector have slid down and pinched... Causing a Short... Hence the Y, Z and Board Errors...

Next is the Y Gear Box Bearings.... Any Clicking when the Y head is at the bit flag... If so you need bearings.... Could be a 2 part problem... Y stall is the bearings and the other stuff is the FSC Cable.....

Then the BIGGY.... The L2 in the Power Supply has broken causing a power fluctuation and this is resulting in the stalls and errors....

And you could have a bad Board Sensor....

I will post some pictures to start your search....

We are here to help... if you let us...

You may have a few problems...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08510_WEB.jpg   DSC08504_WEB.jpg   DSC06680a_WEB.jpg   DSC06680_WEB.jpg  

DSC03713_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I type too slow.... 4 posts while I typed... IF LHR had the machine than more than likely it has the 14 pin upgrade....

I replaced my FSC Cable the other day... It looked UGLY.... Check that first.... Like everyone is saying....

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03367_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

It is a version b machine. Just changed all the boards within the past year. The controller was replaced with refurb.

Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast