Thread: How long does it take?

Default How long does it take?

Hello everybody!

How long does it take to register a machine to the new owner?
    I bought a machine off Ebay and emailed the machine number to Carvewright. Emailed them last Friday. Got only confirmation email stating they will reply within 1 business day, that would mean today.

Last time I registered a machine, it was in Nov 2008 - back then it took me almost 30 days to get Carvewright to register the machine on my account. Has it become any better by now?

/ZJ
    Last edited by mister_zed; 04-23-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

Usually they are very quick about it. Did you email a copy of the receipt from eBay as well? Providing proof of purchase helps to get it done faster. I do a follow up call as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_zed View Post
    Hello everybody!

How long does it take to register a machine to the new owner?
    I bought a machine off Ebay and emailed the machine number to Carvewright. Emailed them last Friday. Got only confirmation email stating they will reply within 1 business day, that would mean today.

Last time I registered a machine (it was in Nov 200 then it took me almost 30 days to get Carvewright to register the machine on my account. Has it become any better by now?

/ZJ
    They did it for me the same day. I called and they gave me a emil address to send the reciept and it was done. That day. Have you check the computer

Leo

Thanks, everybody!

I guess I'll have to make a call to the US after all...

And now a follow-up:

When I checked my licenses today I saw that I have 1 available Basic feature and 3 available Pattern Editor (probe). Does that mean that I am still entitled to install the Designer software on one more computer?

I won't ask about the probe, as I bought only one probe and have never had the time to play with it or even activate it.
    Current machines:
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

With one machine you are able to license the software (basic designer and any add ons) to two computers. The probe itself can be used on any machine, you only need the software (pattern editor) license for what ever computer you are using.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks for that information.

I was just wondering whether I could install the software on a tablet PC...
    Current machines:

For each machine you own, you can have designer on 2 computers

Pattern editor I believe is the same

I think (oops) for the pattern editor and any other software upgrades you might have to obtain a second license for more than two computers.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.