Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New dust collector from erwin products

Default New dust collector from erwin products

I AM THE OWNER OF ERWIN PRODUCTS AND AS A PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER, EXPERT WOODWORKER AND CARVEWRIGHT USER I HAVE DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURING AN O.E.M. QUALITY DUST COLLECTION ACCESSORY FOR THE CARVEWRIGHT AND COMPUCARVE MACHINES. PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE AT http://www.erwinproducts.com FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO VIEW A YOUTUBE VIDEO DEMONSTRATION.

2. Default

Wow! Sure is pretty! If it works as good as it looks, you have a winner.

Terry, click the link for my website http://www.erwinproducts.com/ and watch the 2 videos the first is an introduction and the 2nd is a demo.
    Erwin

wow, that's a every elegant alternative- thank you for sharing your site with us.

Lawrence

Do you have to do any machine modifications?

Yes the clear plastic cover is cut straight across even with the existing flat area on each side of the cover. The best way to cut it is using a Dremel or RotoZip spiral saw with a 1/8" bit with piloted end and clamp a straight piece of hardwood to the back side of the cover flush with the flats at each side as a guide. Clean up edge with file or sandpaper.
    I am working on an installation video which I will post on my website later this week. http://www.erwinproducts.com
    Erwin
    Last edited by mcQ; 04-16-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Sure does look good. Looks like it works good in the video also.
    Last edited by CNC Carver; 04-16-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: missing letter

I agree, sure is pretty....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I am afraid my first impression of this manifold collector my not be as positive as that of other members. I have spent a lot of time thinking about the dust collection problem and may be more critical than most. This collector appears to be made well but I have to wonder about the large distance from the bit to the intake. Other manifold type collectors attempt to get the intake as close as possible to the dust source. If the dust initially gets away and sticks to the machine, it will not be collected. Fine dust sticks to nearby metal as the air vortexes around and large chips have enough momentum to escape on their own. With the intake so far away, the flow rate will have to be very large and that could mean a turbulent wind storm throughout the machine. The fine dust which escapes could, after awhile, be everywhere in the machine.

It would be nice if we could have some independent testing of the, now many, manifold type collectors. How about a competition at the next conference?

10. Default

Now that is a great idea. There are several on the market it would be great to know if there is a major difference in any of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast