Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coin Display Board

Default Coin Display Board

Someone posted a project earlier of a Coin display board and I was trying to find the thread on it to see if it was ever completely figured out. I've done some touching on it with Designer and would like to run it through the forum to get a another pair of eyes on it to see if it looks like it will carve. I'm still not sure about the slots in that I used the 1/8 straight bit to carve it since hopefully it should just be one pass thru. I've never done this before so any help is appreciated. Looks like it might be a nice carve once it's all figured out. Personally I'd like to put all of my old military challenge coins on it.

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated and I hope the person that made this project originally doesn't mind me trying to run with it a little.

Thanks,
    JerryB

Coin Board.mpcClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Coin Board.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	52493
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

I tried forever to figure that one out but never could. I just keep making them by hand. In the end, its probably quicker anyway. But I am intrigued again now that you have brought it up. If I get anything I will let you know.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Try using the 3/16 straight bit for your grooves, should allow for the coin to sit slightly angled for better viewing. I played with your design - attached is the MPC that I reworked. also a couple of pics with different text applied. Going to make this as a promotion gift for a friend of mine.

Always confuses me........ is the 3/16 straight bit the 3/16 carving bit or cutting bit?

Quote Originally Posted by chief2007 View Post
    Try using the 3/16 straight bit for your grooves, should allow for the coin to sit slightly angled for better viewing. I played with your design - attached is the MPC that I reworked. also a couple of pics with different text applied. Going to make this as a promotion gift for a friend of mine.

That would be the cutting bit, You could use the carving bit if you want the bottom of the slot rounded.

6. Default

Thanks Chief - nice project.

Very nice work.

This is an instresting project, why you may ask, cause I was ask if I could make one
    at one of the craftshows and I did not know what they were.
    Give me a little history on the coin holder and maybe a picture of it with the coins in place.
    If any one would like to share their version that would be great. If you would like to sell you version
    of the MPC let me know by PM.

Thanks
    Perry
    My Shop 1044

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Here is the history of the "Challenge Coin".

http://www.coinforce.com/challenge-coin-history.htm

Just to add a little......... we have "Masonic" challenge coins in our Lodge. I decided one day while out at a "honky tonk" to challenge a bunch of my friends while I was there. So there were about 12 guys I challenged............ wouldn't you know it? EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM had their coin! Cost me a $135 for drinks for that round! Never Never Again!
    Last edited by chebytrk; 04-16-2012 at 11:03 AM.

10. Default

That'll teach ya ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast