Thread: Bit Setting for Centerline Text

Default Bit Setting for Centerline Text

I was just at a Sign Carvers Convention and found that a 22 deg bit and a 45 deg bit bit is used for very detailed and fine line and letter carving. The gentlemen I was talking with uses a Shopbot and is getting almost engraver quality carving with those bits. How ever he is able to control the depth of cut on his lettering.

If I use centerline text with the 22 deg bit what bit selection could I use and/or how can I control the depth

Thanks
    Dvel56

Default Centerline depth control

Quote Originally Posted by dvel56 View Post
    I was just at a Sign Carvers Convention and found that a 22 deg bit and a 45 deg bit bit is used for very detailed and fine line and letter carving. The gentlemen I was talking with uses a Shopbot and is getting almost engraver quality carving with those bits. How ever he is able to control the depth of cut on his lettering.

If I use centerline text with the 22 deg bit what bit selection could I use and/or how can I control the depth

Thanks
    Dvel56
    At present, the user has no control on centerline depth other than our choice of font (Light & Thin are shallow, Dark & Wide are deeper.

Many of us assign the 60 degree V-bit and then substitute the 45 or 22 degree bit to do the small text. The depth will be what the program assigns for the 60 degree, but our top foot print will be less.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

you can, however, get full control over depth of cut for lettering by using a program such as coreldraw and exporting the text as a dxf and then re-importing it.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...epth+coreldraw

Lawrence