Thread: 90 Degree V Bit

Default 90 Degree V Bit

I have tried to get my 90 Degree V bit to carve sence day one. I have tried it with the plastic coller along with the collet, I have tried it without the plastic coller it does not matter. I get a "Bit Depth Does not Match" no matter what I try. I have made sure everything is clean ,I have made sure it touches the bit sencer twice and all seems ok. then says again the same message. I can not find anything in Q & A or the trouble shooting unless I am missing it. Please Help

Default Test

Quote Originally Posted by ONLY WINGE View Post
    I have tried to get my 90 Degree V bit to carve sence day one. I have tried it with the plastic coller along with the collet, I have tried it without the plastic coller it does not matter. I get a "Bit Depth Does not Match" no matter what I try. I have made sure everything is clean ,I have made sure it touches the bit sencer twice and all seems ok. then says again the same message. I can not find anything in Q & A or the trouble shooting unless I am missing it. Please Help
    It might be a good idea to attach your MPC. Perhaps we can see something that affects your project.

In the meantime, design a small test MPC with just a vector line using the 90 degree bit (nothing else). let's see what you get there.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I am not sure how to attach a photo to the thread?

Default Attachments

Quote Originally Posted by ONLY WINGE View Post
    I am not sure how to attach a photo to the thread?
    I'm looking for the MPC, not a photo!
    The attachment process is the same for both. This link give you the instructions.
    AskBud
    http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-...207-9-2010.zip
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I had that message Saturday for the first time - was carving a rectangular vector .05" deep with the 60 v bit. Got the message, hit "continue anyway" and off it went without a hitch.

Working on a large project with several pieces, and many rectangular vectors at that depth. That's the only time I got the message......
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

6. Default

If you get the "bit length doesn't match" error fairly regularly you need to check the Z roller bearings and rails. Check the bearings to see is they are sticky or seized. Lube the rails. If the bearings are sticking clean with WD-40, hit it with compressed air to blow the wd40 back out then add some other lube to them. I had the same problem and it went away and (so far) has stayed away.

What the machine is telling you when you get the message for the SECOND time you load the V90 this tells you the touch of the Bit Plate got a different number... Where does that number come from.... Not the .mpc but the back of the Z Encoder....

It could be a dusty Encoder... Yes the Encoders collect dust.... see my encoder....

It could be the Clear Encoder Wheel is cracked or spins on the shaft... And since the V90 is shorter it could be actually hitting that wood chip before the Bit Plate... Having you post that you saw the V90 actually TOUCH the Bit Plate would have half split this list... And I continue to recommend that everyone watch the bit change dance to see the bit touch the bit plate....

Could be a bad FSC Cable too.... Or a bad Encoder on the back of the Z... OR it could be loose Screws on the Z Motor...

Let us Know....

AL

The picture with the sun shining through the disk shows the markes that make the pulses.

It could be a dirty chunk of wood in the Z Cog Belt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01476_WEB.jpg   DSC06545_WEB.jpg   DSC06551a_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 04-09-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com