Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: shader map pro

thank you for the tut-- I look forward to trying it out.

Lawrence

Nope, no 'save' progress bar running across the screen, and no saved image. So I guess I can't save in demo mode. But I did try a screen capture on the image as you suggested and there was a marked improvement overall. Therefore, I'll spring for the $20. And I can see what you mean about cleaning up the image before it even gets to Shadermap. I think playing around with shades will help a lot. And I will read the tutorial on Shadermap now that I get an idea of what the software can do. Once again, I appreciate the help.

You can take the image such as I showed, clean it up, and bring into shadermap without graying the sections, but it will give you one height for all sections. I like using the shades to get various heights of the sections. Once in designer, you can use PE (askbud has nice tut on PE) to clean it up even further if you want. I find cleaning up the image before loading into shadermap, is the best route. As I stated changing the line colors between section also changes the height there. That way you do not have such a deep line between sections. Makes for a better pattern in the end.

BJB I had not thought of the normal map as showing you what the pattern will look like, good ideal. Like you BJB when I use the program I only use certain parts to make a pattern. I have not found a use for the other features it has. Maybe some day I will explore it more, but think it is mainly for texturing.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    You can take the image such as I showed, clean it up, and bring into shadermap without graying the sections, but it will give you one height for all sections. I like using the shades to get various heights of the sections. Once in designer, you can use PE (askbud has nice tut on PE) to clean it up even further if you want. I find cleaning up the image before loading into shadermap, is the best route. As I stated changing the line colors between section also changes the height there. That way you do not have such a deep line between sections. Makes for a better pattern in the end.

BJB I had not thought of the normal map as showing you what the pattern will look like, good ideal. Like you BJB when I use the program I only use certain parts to make a pattern. I have not found a use for the other features it has. Maybe some day I will explore it more, but think it is mainly for texturing.
    Eddie, you can make some adjustments to the image with the ShaderMap Pro program, but most of the time I just make all the adjustments with PhotoShop. Here is a short PDF.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 197_DISP-cw.jpg   Animal Silhouettes Images -eagle PE.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

True there are adjustments for each of the maps on the bottom left.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Hey guys,

I received from info on Shadermap from BJB and then found this thread searching for more info. I can't run ShaderMap cause I have a Mac and don't have a copy of Windows to load but I am able to play around with CrazyBump which I think is similar to Shadermap.

Are you using a combination of the different maps or just the Normal maps which seem to be shown in most of the posts?

Also, what is it that a program like Shadermap does that doesn't happen in a application like GIMP where you use grayscale colors and Gaussian Blur?

Interesting stuff and I'm surprised this thread didn't get more activity..

There is another thread dealing with shadermap pro, showing other examples. I believe it is around Mar of 2010.
    BJB shows the normal maps for it represents more or less what you will have when imported into designer. The actual method is to use the displacement map, which is a Gaussian blur.
    I currently use Moi3d for sweeps, vector drawing, extrude, revolve, twist, join, chamfer, fillet, offset, planar, loft, bend, network, carve, hide, trim, and extend. In vector it has line, poly line (connected lines), freeform which include control points, through points, and sketch. Then rectangle, using center to outside, corer to corner, and three points, followed by polygon/star, circles, arc, elipse, spiral, along with solids of spheres, cylinders, cubes and rectangles. It also includes image view for tracing, and objects move, mirror, array, align, orient, copy, rotate, and scale. From there I go into Zbrush to sculpt. But scrultris is free and does a lot of the same.

Moi saves in OBJ, STL, AI, igs, 3dm and a lot more. Price is only $295.
    At times I do use a quad program. I am learning Modo at this time.

Eddie

Default I use it all the time

Since I read this thread several months ago, I use SMP all the time. Question is, did you find tutorials for Moi or did you learn it by using? I've tried following John's tutorials and appreciate them, but I think I need something a bit more basic. Like starting from scratch basic. Any idea where I can find them? I'm using their trial software now but doubt I'll purchase unless I can get more of an idea what I am doing with it.
    Thank you as always.

There are a lot of tutorials here http://moi3d.com/resources. I believe some are videos, and there will be many more available soon. Watch the 3rd party software area for when.
    I learned from the site above and from experimenting.

you would need stl importer to import the stl files into designer.
    Last edited by eelamb; 07-18-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    There is another thread dealing with shadermap pro, showing other examples. I believe it is around Mar of 2010.
    BJB shows the normal maps for it represents more or less what you will have when imported into designer. The actual method is to use the displacement map, which is a Gaussian blur.
    I currently use Moi3d for sweeps, vector drawing, extrude, revolve, twist, join, chamfer, fillet, offset, planar, loft, bend, network, carve, hide, trim, and extend. In vector it has line, poly line (connected lines), freeform which include control points, through points, and sketch. Then rectangle, using center to outside, corer to corner, and three points, followed by polygon/star, circles, arc, elipse, spiral, along with solids of spheres, cylinders, cubes and rectangles. It also includes image view for tracing, and objects move, mirror, array, align, orient, copy, rotate, and scale. From there I go into Zbrush to sculpt. But scrultris is free and does a lot of the same.

Moi saves in OBJ, STL, AI, igs, 3dm and a lot more. Price is only $295.
    At times I do use a quad program. I am learning Modo at this time.
    I found the thread but unfortunately all the sample images you attached are gone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast