Page 332 of 332 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332
Results 3,311 to 3,315 of 3315

Thread: Pattern sharing depot

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    You DO NOT want to do that. First of all, not all of those patterns are of good quality. Second and most important, downloading and installing that many patterns will terribly slow down the operation of your software.
    That is correct. Not all of the patterns are carve able. You are better off saving a link to this and go through one by one to weed out the bad and save the good. Save them outside of designer in categorized folders and do a screen shot as a reference to what it looks like.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

2. Default

hi
    not referring to saving them in software..refering to saving them on my hard drive outside of program..and i cant randomly manually open 3200 files to view them ..most of these are not patterns i have noticed..they are just random images that are not usable..on my pc when i look at all the attachments there are no previews of image..it just has a title..so i have to actually download it to see what it is..i cant do this 3200 times its a waste of time..can someone please send me an attachment of what 1 good carvable pattern should look like ...im not familair with this "pattern" terminology..im used to finding 3d grayscale images(they look like xray images) when doing relief cavres in artcam etc...also am i correct in that a pattern file is anyhting with .ptn after it? that will rule out a lot of trash for me if i can just look for those files.

pattern or .ptn is the native file format for cnc models that can be carved with the CW.

There are thousands of free patterns in the forum of differing quality. Most are in the pattern sharing section but patterns have been saved in almost all the categories.

If you need a specific pattern (model) you can do a forum search.

You can use gray scale maps with the CW software. Import > Import Image File

I recommend going through all the tutorials on how the CW software works. See http://support.carvewright.com/getting-started/

An example of a pattern is below. A picture of the model is normally added so members can see what it looks like without needing to open the pattern file in the CW software.

Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-03-02 18_49_47-Window.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby50412 View Post
    hi
    not referring to saving them in software..refering to saving them on my hard drive outside of program..and i cant randomly manually open 3200 files to view them ..most of these are not patterns i have noticed..they are just random images that are not usable..on my pc when i look at all the attachments there are no previews of image..it just has a title..so i have to actually download it to see what it is..i cant do this 3200 times its a waste of time..can someone please send me an attachment of what 1 good carvable pattern should look like ...im not familair with this "pattern" terminology..im used to finding 3d grayscale images(they look like xray images) when doing relief cavres in artcam etc...also am i correct in that a pattern file is anyhting with .ptn after it? that will rule out a lot of trash for me if i can just look for those files.
    True not having an image to go with the pattern (ptn) or project (mpc) is not very handy for anyone looking for something. The request has been made several times for people to do so. Beyond that your only choice is to take the time, yes you will need to take the time, to open and look at each one if you are serious about sorting through them to see if they will work for you or not. Since you seem to be familiar with 3d models/relief designs you should be able to recognize if they are good or not. Zooming in and rotating them is the best way to determine how good they are. Also turn off the wood view as it tend to hide/mask some of the detail/defects.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

5. Default how do i download the patterns

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    True not having an image to go with the pattern (ptn) or project (mpc) is not very handy for anyone looking for something. The request has been made several times for people to do so. Beyond that your only choice is to take the time, yes you will need to take the time, to open and look at each one if you are serious about sorting through them to see if they will work for you or not. Since you seem to be familiar with 3d models/relief designs you should be able to recognize if they are good or not. Zooming in and rotating them is the best way to determine how good they are. Also turn off the wood view as it tend to hide/mask some of the detail/defects.
    How do I actually download and open files all I get is you do not have authority

Page 332 of 332 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332