Page 226 of 332 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 3315

Thread: Pattern sharing depot

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi BJB,

Just a question...I noticed you pictured a honey bee in your file example that looks quite a lot like the one we modeled awhile back. Is that a purchased pattern? The quality looks rather poor, so I don't think it's the actual pattern we sell, but am quite curious where you obtained it?

(see photos below of our actual pattern)
    That was a JPEG that you posted around Jan. I just loaded the image in the CW designer. It is not a good pattern. I have been thinking about purchasing that pattern from you.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    That was a JPEG that you posted around Jan. I just loaded the image in the CW designer. It is not a good pattern. I have been thinking about purchasing that pattern from you.
    Thank you very much for letting me know and for your honesty and candor. I need to be candid with you too - I must say I don't care much for the idea of folks making 'knock-off' patterns from the jpg previews of anyone's commercial patterns. But, it's a free country and I'm not your mamma, so do what feels right to you.

I recall Vector Art 3D decided to put copyright watermarks on their pattern previews in order to help prevent that sort of thing. Several months ago someone posted a tractor pattern (for free) based upon one of Vector Art's jpg preview of one of its commercial patterns. That's when the watermark decision was made. (I'd rather not put watermarks on our previews.)

If you ever do need a great quality pattern of a honey bee, you will certainly get a better carve from an actual pattern itself rather than the jpg attempt.

Thanks again for being honest about it.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I think we had this discusion about using other's patterns and postings months ago.. I think....
    Mike

we would not have to have this conversation so often if we could make sure we don't use copy written ptn and jpgs and so on to make our patterns, there are so out there that all they do is make patterns for us and i would not want to take income from them by coping there patterns. I want them to keep making patterns so if i see one that is going to work for me I will buy it. Then we do have a group of people that love to show off there designs but don't care to give them away, which i understand too and we all should abide by there wishes and if they wanted us to have it they would of gave it to us. and of course we got the folks that give us all the help and all the free patterns that they can put up and we all thank them because our favorite file would not be so big with out all the free patterns that people have put on here. I want to thank every one for their free patterns and for showing their work here and for those that make a living off of making patterns. Thanks to all of you and I know for myself I will try no to tread on your domain if you do not want me there or if you want me to pay I will.
    Thanks for all the work here. I love my machine and couldn't do anything with out patterns to work from.
    Thanks all
    Tim

Default Saint Bernard Mug,

Here is one I did for a customer and they disappeared, as sometimes will happen.

Cheers ~ Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ZZSaints1.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. Default Valentines for my wife

I worked for hours on the computer working on these Eagle wings then setting in the heart was simple. Of course the Stain and paint look a lot better in person than in the pics.
    Just one of those projects that keeps me out of the dog house LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EagleWings1.jpg   EagleWings3.jpg  

Default How Dear is That!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny49 View Post
    I worked for hours on the computer working on these Eagle wings then setting in the heart was simple. Of course the Stain and paint look a lot better in person than in the pics.
    Just one of those projects that keeps me out of the dog house LOL
    I'm sure she loves it! What a nice idea. Good Job!
    G.P.

Default Variation

PCW posted it and I believe called it playing arround. This is my play on it. Thanks for a great pattern.
    Eva
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Playing.jpg  
    Last edited by Hexe SA; 02-17-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Mis spelled

9. Default Harley Davidson sign

I'm not much of a painter I wish I had someone that would do that for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00352.JPG  

10. Default Harley Davidson sign

Here is a closer look.
    This was created from scanning a picture. My wifes company has a great scanner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00354.JPG  

Page 226 of 332 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast